Dodge Caliber Forums banner

Any way to get black rubber bumpers?

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Sleazy 
#1 ·
The Caliber comes with black side-view mirrors and door handles. I figured that black bumpers would make a good addition. The dealer says it's not available, so I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas here.

I'm not talking about black painted bumpers. I'm talking about the flat black rubber bumpers where you can scrape it against a concrete wall and wash off the damage. I don't feel like having my bumpers re-painted every few months.

Not that I'm a bad driver, but living in NYC (or any other large city, I guess), your bumpers get quite a workout with people not knowing how to parallel park and lots of things pop up where they shouldn't be (like fire hydrants :p).

Any ideas?

#2 ·
Considering the way the bumpers are made I think you'd have to use some black molding or tape that should be readily available at any auto parts store. The question is where to put it so it is effective and doesn't detract from the appearance. I'd be curious to see what you come up with.

Good luck!

#3 ·
dude i lived in Washington heights for a while and i never hit anything in my car... nor did anyone else hit it... just take the money you would invest in new bumpers and well spend it on a good driving school

#4 ·
Come on over to the Bronx and see how often your car gets bumped.

I work in construction, and have a bad habit of using my front bumper to move things around when I'm too lazy to get out of the car.

#7 ·
I know alot of people who are big into trucks get their bumpers and even the lower parts of the sides of their trucks done in line-x or rihno liner. That stuff is touch as shit, and most is life time warranty, so its somthing you can look into.

#8 ·
Sleazy said:
The Caliber comes with black side-view mirrors and door handles. I figured that black bumpers would make a good addition. The dealer says it's not available, so I was wondering if anyone else has any ideas here.

I'm not talking about black painted bumpers. I'm talking about the flat black rubber bumpers where you can scrape it against a concrete wall and wash off the damage. I don't feel like having my bumpers re-painted every few months.

Not that I'm a bad driver, but living in NYC (or any other large city, I guess), your bumpers get quite a workout with people not knowing how to parallel park and lots of things pop up where they shouldn't be (like fire hydrants :p).

Any ideas?

I just bought some 3M Autopaint Protection for my Caliber. Scratches, nicks, are a NO NO!
Look:http://www.autopaintguard.com/kit_search.asp?prevyear=2007&prevmake=11&prevmodel=1493&prevsubmodel=0&prevseries=0&year=2007&make=11&model=1493&submodel=4213

#9 ·
Sleazy said:
Come on over to the Bronx and see how often your car gets bumped.

I work in construction, and have a bad habit of using my front bumper to move things around when I'm too lazy to get out of the car.
LOL

STEELBLueCALI said:
Cool. I need somma that stuff.

#12 ·
I like the Rhino liner idea. Have to see what that will set me back.

It looks like the 3M films are transparent. I want the black color to match the door handles and mirror.

As for the bra, it sounds practical, but I never liked that look.

Thanks for all the ideas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.