Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really getting tired of driving my automatic ford (yeah... I know :) ) taurus. I am anxiously awaiting my 5-speed sxt and just wanna see if anybody has one yet and what your impressions are? If not delivered yet when is your ship date and when did you order it. I ordered mine on March 14th. Last I checked it should be on the line May 1st. It's great that my dealer said he could almost guarantee i would have it in 4 to 6 weeks after it was ordered. oh well... what can ya do...

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
343 Posts
not sure the manual is out yet...I haven't seen ANY around here, and I frequent the dealers to see if any have come in

·
Registered
24 Posts
i went in to the local dodge dealer here in ann arbor, and when i asked them about the manual r/t fwd, they just looked at me blankly and said they were unaware of such a configuration. i hate dealerships.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree on that. I know the 5-speed r/t is "late availability," but it'd be nice if there was a ballpark time figure on it.

In a post a while back, I can't remember exactly where, but it said the manual caliber sxt/se production was to start on April 3rd. Can anybody here either confirm or deny this?

·
Registered
245 Posts
RonJ2002 said:
I agree on that. I know the 5-speed r/t is "late availability," but it'd be nice if there was a ballpark time figure on it.

In a post a while back, I can't remember exactly where, but it said the manual caliber sxt/se production was to start on April 3rd. Can anybody here either confirm or deny this?
Late availability means that it will be released at another time but we cannot promise or predict a street release date yet. Usually dealerships only have information relevant to what’s currently available.

Dan

·
Registered
119 Posts
RonJ2002 said:
Heya RonJ,

I was the one that posted the message of the Caliber(SXT/SE) 5-speeds beginning on April 3.:D

I have ordered a Caliber SXT Sport, stick, Black Ext/Grey Int with blue inserts, Musigate, Sercurity Package on March 20th at my local dealer here in Canada.

After we had built the car and added the 5 speed on the dealer internet vehicle order form he noticed a message and read that the 5 speed would only begin production as of April 3rd. (BS:confused: or fancy talk for some are on order hehe, who knows but so far nobody has found or mentioned any other date so.....) Seems even Dan from the Dodge Info Center has no set date either, but if you read it closely.........
Late availability means that it will be released at another time but we cannot promise or predict a street release date yet. Usually dealerships only have information relevant to what’s currently available.
I called the dealer to see what was the progession of the vehicle was last Wednesday and they said it was code "D" meaning that it was on cue for building. I quickly asked for the VIN and VON.

I called Chrysler Canada (1-800-465-2001) to maybe get a better feel of where the car was at but alas they had no info on the vehicle as it had not been entered into their system yet. On a side note he kept asking me if the car was a 2006 model and not 2007 *Groan*..... (he did however give me info on the $50 gift certificate for Mopar stuff:cool: Woot!)

Just as I about to finish my call I asked the person if they could give the number of their Americian counterpart (1-800-992-1997) when I called the lovely young lady she told me that my car was now coded (D1) which if I follow the codes right means that is in the process of being built. She also said that there was a expected delivery date of April 24th.

Well there is still a week to wait, most likely more hehe, but I will post when my car does reach the dealership.

Before I get flamed for saying that is 100% sure that April 3rd is the day they started making them, I am just saying so far mine seems to be on the move so I am guessing that production has begun.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
96 Posts
hey satalite driver , im from montreal and just got my black R/T,

if you want to check a progress, check a couple that i wrote and see how long it took me and freakin hope they dont forget that stupid airbag sticker (kzoa plant hold) stupid airbag law of our very truly quebec goverment:mad: :mad: lol

by the way where did you get it from ???
you are going to go crazy its very interesting...
dcx rocks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Heya Pyro!

I ordered my car from Sega on the south shore, hopefully I will have better luck with those stupid stickers..... I assume that they had to be French LOL

BTW you were mentioning that you are from Montreal..... Is it possible that you were on Belanger St. on Saturday after noon aroun 4pm as I saw a black R/T drive by and pointed it out to my girlfriend.

Could the world be actually that small?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Satellitedriver said:
Heya Pyro!

I ordered my car from Sega on the south shore, hopefully I will have better luck with those stupid stickers..... I assume that they had to be French LOL

BTW you were mentioning that you are from Montreal..... Is it possible that you were on Belanger St. on Saturday after noon aroun 4pm as I saw a black R/T drive by and pointed it out to my girlfriend.

Could the world be actually that small?
nope i was at work look at my pic if you want posted earleir i got mine from
________________ROND POIND DODGE CHRYSLER ET JEEP________________
in st hubert they got plenty near the front gate and will be one of the dealers that will get the most of them be sure of THAT THEY broke all kinda of records selling sx' s last year un bunch of them already delivered lots more to come lol

got great service

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Pyro,

Saw my first real Caliber there, but have had some bad experiences with Rond Pointe in the past as well as my parents too.(Maybe they have changed?) Did my only testdrive at St Basile in a Caliber SE.

I have gone to see their lot a few times, last I was there they had about 8 on the lot if I remember correctly they were 6 SXT's and 2 SXT Sport one black/red and one grey/blue with the CVT2 trans. None with Musigate:eek:

BTW I did see your car online at the dealer but they did not show the windowsticker for it as it was "sold".

Hope you enjoy the car :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Satellitedriver said:
Hey Pyro,

Saw my first real Caliber there, but have had some bad experiences with Rond Pointe in the past as well as my parents too.(Maybe they have changed?) Did my only testdrive at St Basile in a Caliber SE.

I have gone to see their lot a few times, last I was there they had about 8 on the lot if I remember correctly they were 6 SXT's and 2 SXT Sport one black/red and one grey/blue with the CVT2 trans. None with Musigate:eek:

BTW I did see your car online at the dealer but they did not show the windowsticker for it as it was "sold".

Hope you enjoy the car :)
very sorry to hear that im 25 and already 3 car at that dealer sometimes it happens it just doesnt click

the window sticker was 28690$$ for awd rt full witout sirus and bluetooth

1 - 12 of 12 Posts