Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I just recently installed a Pioneer DEH-P9800BT CD deck in my car and have noticed that with the extra power and volume going to the speakers that both my driver and passenger side door panels have been starting to rattle and squeak a little. Does anyone with the upgraded stock speakers have this problem? I also just installed some new infinity speakers all around in the car and have been able to drown out the noise of the doors because these speakers are much louder; but am still able to hear the squeaking at low volume levels and sometimes just while driving without music. If anyone has any ideas as to how to fix this that would be much appreciated. I have thought of using dynamat or some kind of dampening material but am thinking that I may just take it to the dealer and see what they can do about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm thinking taking it to a dealer would yield a "sorry, the aftermarket equipment is causing the problem" response. I'd suggest some deadening material such as Elemental Designs eDead V1se from www.edesignaudio.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts