Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching google for the Caliber Commercials, and I realized there are a lot of sites that are trying to boycot the Fairy Caliber commercial. A lot of Gay groups are saying the commercial is offending to them, do you think they went too far? I think the only thing they could attest is when he say "Silly little Fairy." but I mean, he's talking to a fairy, not a gay person.

What do you all think?

P.S. I'm not trying to start a flame war, I would just like to know how everyone feels about this.

Edit for spelling

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think the gay community needs to cope a feel, and shut up. It's a commercial where the guy talks directly to what was known as a "fairy" a LONG LONG LONG time before "fairy" became partially related to homosexuals. They've got their own damn day at Disney Land. Get the F over it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I thought the issue was that they were offended by what the guy is wearing after the fairy changes his clothes. I guess they feel it is implying that what the guy is wearing is not cool and that's what some of them wear. No offense meant at all, that is just what I've read.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The gay people I know have more class than to wear what that dude was wearing after the fairy blasted him with her wand. In fact, a gay person who thinks that outfit represents gay people may need to sign up for LASEK surgery... or actually watch the ad.

Gay people have been boycotting Ford for a while... I already forget what brought on the boycott. Something about lack of advertising .... car makers just can't win (unless they make it on the top 10 car gay list). Then again, the Ford Focus was voted the best car for a gay guy on a budget. Meh.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just wish everyone would get a life and quit being so freaking sensitive. If you cannot laugh at life, or yourself a bit, you're in for a long hard life. I just saw the entire commercial myself for the first time and I loved it. It now lives on my ipod. Get a life.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I never said all homosexual people dress like that. I was just passing on what I had read. Silly. If they did, you wouldn't need gaydar to tell who was and who wasn't. ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
BethCaliber said:
I never said all homosexual people dress like that. I was just passing on what I had read. Silly. If they did, you wouldn't need gaydar to tell who was and who wasn't. ;)
Off subject... Does Beth have a crush on Kasey? :D I would too, if I was a female! On subject. People just need to grow up.

·
Registered
143 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
I think they should find the Nabisco Snack Fairy commercial more offensive.
Agreed, but you know how the world is today.. if you don't like something and have 500 people behind you who talk loud enough.. unfortunately it will be heard (and most times changed). Tis a sad sad time we are living in.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think there are too many people out there that are way too easily offendable. Or else just want something to whine and/or sue about. Or maybe we've all just gone soft in our modern world. All the more reason to buy a car that is anything but cute, if you ask me.

And I would have to agree, Kasey Kahne could rock my world any day (if I were a female) haha.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I think they should offend them deliberately and a lot more.

If at first you don't offend, then offend, offend again!:p :p :p

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't know if it was the channel I was watching (OLN) or DCX, but I saw a version of the commercial with the "Silly little fairy" line edited out.

·
Registered
506 Posts
the fact that gays are being gay about this commercial is quite gay as far as i'm concerned... and honestly let them bitch... it'll just make a lot of ANTI-Gays buy the car or the homophobes want it more... or whatever it doesn't matter let them cry cuz the caliber is a bad ass car and they are just mad because it makes gay people look gay isn't that what they want anyway... WOW THIS IS GAY! the world is becoming entirely too excuse my language any females... but everyone is becoming a flat out *****... look there are a million depictions of italians in slightly degrading ways but you don't see me getting but hurt about mario bros... or the fact that every pizza box has a short italian guy with a mustache and a chef hat spinning a pizza... who cares i'm italian... i'm not in the mob... i'm not short and fat and i don't have a mustache and i don't cook pizzas!!! i think the commercial is great and that everyone just needs to take it as A COMMERCIAL not as dodge trying to hate on gays or anything... just take stuff at face value not anything more

·
Registered
64 Posts
Serantos said:
I was searching google for the Caliber Commercials, and I realized there are a lot of sites that are trying to boycot the Fairy Caliber commercial. A lot of Gay groups are saying the commercial is offending to them, do you think they went too far? I think the only thing they could attest is when he say "Silly little Fairy." but I mean, he's talking to a fairy, not a gay person.

What do you all think?

P.S. I'm not trying to start a flame war, I would just like to know how everyone feels about this.

Edit for spelling
He couldve said silly little Fruitcake,:eek:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Recently I saw an edited version of this commercial. Instead of the guy ending up with fairy type clothes he gets zapped into wearing preppy looking clothes. I think it's offensive to those people who like to wear such clothing. They should demand it be changed back to the fairy clothing!

·
Registered
17 Posts
karenh56 said:
I just wish everyone would get a life and quit being so freaking sensitive. If you cannot laugh at life, or yourself a bit, you're in for a long hard life. I just saw the entire commercial myself for the first time and I loved it. It now lives on my ipod. Get a life.
I agree with karen. I love the commercial and am not offended by it in any way because it's just a commercial. Marketing is supposed to grab your attention, and there are so many different types that you can probably point out something about every ad that would offend someone somewhere. You just have to be able to laugh at yourself and enjoy life. I guess some people have nothing better to do than get offended by a commerical and cry about it. LOL. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
197 Posts
ahhh people are stupid sometimes! its just a commercial! worry about something important like war or abortion or something

·
Registered
141 Posts
Last nite I watched the Stanley Cup finals, game 3, on NBC. Dodge is a BIG sponsor. The Fairy ad aired many times last nite. It was the edited version, where the dogwalker does not say "Silly little fairy." I don't know if the edit was due to controversy over ad, or because Dodge tacked on info at the end about the Caliber contest they're running at nhl.com. Maybe both reasons!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts