Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Of having a car that's completely original (for now) and somewhat rare to see on the road. At the gas-station yesterday, this one guy wouldn't stop talking about how beefy it looks and how he's never seen anything like it. At work, ppl come to my desk to comment on it cause word got around that the only Cali out in the lot is mine. And no matter where I drive, ppl can't help but look at it. Sure it's got some minor problems like the pinging and leaky rear-windshield washer, but after i get those fixed next week it's perfection. I must say I love this attention, definietely beat's my 96 Jeep which blended right in.

I just wanted to share how much I love it... It's a stock, but fully loaded Black R/T by the way.

Thanks.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes, I love having a unique (for now) car. It is fun. I love attention, lol. It's because I have a twin and so I always have to share attention... ;)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, I also love this feeling, and I must admit that the black R/T is the best looking of all the calibers. The other colors look good, but there is just something especially classy and sharp about our black R/Ts. (yes I expect to catch hell for this post)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clockmaker said:
Yes, I also love this feeling, and I must admit that the black R/T is the best looking of all the calibers. The other colors look good, but there is just something especially classy and sharp about our black R/Ts. (yes I expect to catch hell for this post)
I agree, it's stunning. Especially with the chrome handles/grille/moldings and rim's to accent it. My 2nd choice would of been Marine Blue.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Got asked today by a passer-by what kind of car is my RED R/T:D... he said it was a great looking car. Get comments like that most everywhere I go... I guess when the newness and "uniqueness" wears off, we will be back in the "herd"... but until then, yep, I enjoy it... (and hope to enjoy the car for a lot longer)...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yes, I agree 100%, I'm loving this new car!! I've had people speed up to check out my ride, others almost getting into collisions with their rubber-necking. If I weren't fully invested for now, I'd add some DCX to my portfolio. Might have to liquidate an asset or three ;-)

I also have the loaded black R/T AWD. Even came with the smokers group, makes a handy spare-change holder. Although it doesn't have the hands-free bluetooth badness, might have to add that before long.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GypsyBill said:
I guess when the newness and "uniqueness" wears off, we will be back in the "herd"... but until then, yep, I enjoy it
The "newness" will wear off for sure, but I don't see the unique part wearing off really. I can't imagine and Japanese car making a vehicle that has similar lines which are so aggressive. And IMO Ford likes thei vehicles "sleek and smooth" and GM might make something similar but the front-end is just amazing on the Caliber and can't be immitated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MetroAWD said:
Even came with the smokers group, makes a handy spare-change holder. Although it doesn't have the hands-free bluetooth badness, might have to add that before long.
I got the smoker's group aswell, just threw that little box in the back by the spare. And go for the bluetooth if you have the option, it really is a great feature. I never would of opted for it, but it was included in my car so it just kinda came along in the bundle liek a blessing in disguise.

·
Banned
400 Posts
I used to love the feeling, some fool in my borough had the nerve to get the same exact wheels I have, I may be changing my wheels AGAIN!

Anyone notice when looking at anoth Caliber whether on the highway, turning a corner or going straight, that the Caliber "changes" shapes? I LOVE THAT!!!:D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Smokers group? Hmm...since when do smokers actually use the ashtray? I thought they are just storage for pennies. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
we get the ashtray... cuz we have to in order to get the lighter :( honestly i won't use my car's ashtray.. it'll make it stink :(

·
Registered
357 Posts
quit smoking mudstone. but when you smoke just carry an empty gatorade bottle or something and save the butts in there instead of littering or stinking up the ride.

got the windows ceramic tinted today, all sides and back 35% except the front windshield (no can do anyways). can feel the difference immediately. lighter shade than I thought but dig it. looks factory. chrome gas flap came in the mail, saving that for later!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Huff said:
Smokers group? Hmm...since when do smokers actually use the ashtray? I thought they are just storage for pennies. :)
Me too, it's the best part about ash trays :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
BlueHawaii said:
quit smoking mudstone. but when you smoke just carry an empty gatorade bottle or something and save the butts in there instead of littering or stinking up the ride.
Yes people..please do this. I'm a smoker myself....I generally don't like smoking in my cars...but when you do...ashtray the butts...or drop them in a can/bottle..and throw out when you get home or to your office. I can't stand littering 'tards who use the world as their ashtray and toss butts out the window of their car. One day I'm going to pull over...pick up the butt..catch up with them..and shove it back up their nose at the next red light.

·
Registered
381 Posts
So far the only verbal comments I've got on the road was a "Dodge sucks" yelled across an intersection as I was sitting in a turn late... stupid renecks... lol.

·
Registered
357 Posts
MetroAWD said:
OK, I've only mentioned a few dozen times I'm shopping for tint, what is 'ceramic' tint?? Thx. And how 'bout some pics with the tint??
special film that blocks/absorbs the rays instead of passing into the car. does not interfere with radar, GPS, etc. made by Huper Optik ('99 Popular Science top 100 invention!). I'll get some pics up today.

Huper Optik USA
17356 Northwest Freeway
Houston, Texas 77040
Toll Free:888.296.FILM (3456)
Phone: 832-467-1170
Fax:832-467-1190
Email: [email protected]

Huber Optik products were developed using the same technology that makes the Stealth Bomber undetectable by radar. The products selectively block heat and harmful UV rays, while allowing more visible light to pass through.
  • Conventional reflective films increase the reflection at night making it hard to see out of the window
  • Huper Optik films stay non-reflective night and day, protecting your windows without disrupting your view.

·
Registered
48 Posts
First post...

Just got my orange SXT Wednesday evening. Yesterday on the way home from work, I watched an elderly man behind me pull up his sunglasses and stare at the back of the car where the "Caliber" emblem is. It's definitely an attention-getter, and I think that's probably what I love most about it!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am loving it. People keep checking it out when I'm driving. It is fun but then again I've always been an original... LOL I grew up in a town full of ******** and my family was one of two rainbow families add in the Sanchez family and the two other adopted Native American kids like me and Bam you stand out in a crowd. It made me appreciate different...

Mia

1 - 20 of 35 Posts