Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does everyones car seem a little louder when it goes in gear. It's hard to describe but it just seems to be louder in gear. It kinda sounds like a whurring.

I'm gonna go to a dealer and check a few out

·
Registered
447 Posts
What do you mean by louder? Of course it's going to sound louder in gear, the engine is going to increase the RPM a little bit if you're idling. That and the whole moving forward/backwards thing too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know my desription sucks. It makes a noise u don't hear when it is in park. I just went out to listen to it and didn't hear it. I wonder if it needs to be warmed up to make the sound. It could be related to the other noise I have thta is posted in another thread.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Need more information. When you say louder in gear, what exactly is going on? Are you remaining motionless and merely put the car into drive (but not moving)? Is the car at idle... and in gear? Are you giving it any gas... or simply putting it in drive and keeping your foot on the brake?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think most cars will do this. When you put the car in gear you will notice the engine torque forward. This will put a little more stress on the motor mounts causing a vibration.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts