Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Blue Cali that's an SE and it has 8800 miles on it. Bought it in Apr 06. I've taken it in about a month and a half ago for what seemed to me to be a wobbly tire... they replaced the wheel. Now 2 weeks ago I had a rotation and once again the wobbly feeling. I had it back at the dealer last week and they again replaced another wheel (i think). So driving it yesterday I notice again still wobbly & shaking... NOw I take it back to the dealer again tonight with my husband (hoping that a male view would help). And they actually decided to look at each tire/rim on their machine, and guess what they found..... both of my front tires have broken belts in them... they said it's not a warranty item that I have to take it to a tire shop that services Dunlop. I hope I can get these replaced at n/c... as I am not about to pay to replace tires on a leased car.
I am so aggravated at this that it took them 3 times to finally find the problem. Now I need to call Dunlop tomorrow to see what needs to happen. This was their finaly straw before I went to corporate.

Has anyone had any issues like this on their SE with Dunlop tires? I know I am never leasing or buying a car with Dunlop tires ever again.
I know I've read on here that people have had issue's with the Firestones. But on my blk RT, I have them & I think they've handled perfectly so far. and we were just hit 2 weeks ago with 14inches of snow and the car was great.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
If you haven't already done so, check in the packet with the Owners Manual that you should have received with the car (glove box?) - there is usually a separate Tire Warranty brochure with it that explains what is covered and how to address any tire-related warranty inquiries and issues...

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
sorry not the dunlops but similar...

our 2004 caravan had problems with our tires - the oe goodyears - they had a 130000 km warranty and by 55000km they were down to the wear marks and this was deemed acceptable by the local goodyear place. :mad: :mad: we then had to buy new tires for theremaining 20000 km of the lease :mad: :mad: and now the tires on the truck need to be replaced - but they are at 77000km so i dont mind them being worn out so much. these were goodyears too

I plan on buying new all season and winter tires for my caliber when i get it

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Blewiz2 said:
I have a Blue Cali that's an SE and it has 8800 miles on it. Bought it in Apr 06. I've taken it in about a month and a half ago for what seemed to me to be a wobbly tire... they replaced the wheel. Now 2 weeks ago I had a rotation and once again the wobbly feeling. I had it back at the dealer last week and they again replaced another wheel (i think). So driving it yesterday I notice again still wobbly & shaking... NOw I take it back to the dealer again tonight with my husband (hoping that a male view would help). And they actually decided to look at each tire/rim on their machine, and guess what they found..... both of my front tires have broken belts in them... they said it's not a warranty item that I have to take it to a tire shop that services Dunlop. I hope I can get these replaced at n/c... as I am not about to pay to replace tires on a leased car.
I am so aggravated at this that it took them 3 times to finally find the problem. Now I need to call Dunlop tomorrow to see what needs to happen. This was their finaly straw before I went to corporate.

Has anyone had any issues like this on their SE with Dunlop tires? I know I am never leasing or buying a car with Dunlop tires ever again.
I know I've read on here that people have had issue's with the Firestones. But on my blk RT, I have them & I think they've handled perfectly so far. and we were just hit 2 weeks ago with 14inches of snow and the car was great.

Thanks!!
i just hat my tires rotadet and guess what while i am oudside and look at the tire i can see that they have bends in them ,i see what they can do tomorow about that

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have the Firestone tires on my Caliber. At highways speeds I often notice what feels like the back end wobbling back and forth. I could take it to a Firestone dealer by my experiences with them have never been good. They'll deny anything wrong with the tires and say I have a suspension problem for which they could fix for $'s.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here's a thread worth continueing. My Caliber is at 22,000 miles & my original Dunlops look real good. 50,000 miles might be possible. One other person on another website replaced his Dunlops at 57,000 miles. Altho somewhat noisy (like many tires on the Caliber), traction is good in wet weather & OK even in some snow(altho I haven't really pushed them too much in the snow).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, I just took my 2008 SE Caliber to my dealer about my front right tire making a wobbling noise when driving. They balanced and rotated the ties and it seems to be a little bit better. But I do plan to keep an eye on it though.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Yep, Firestone Firehawks.
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2975&highlight=Firestone
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4574&highlight=Firestone
They suck! And, I looked on Tire Rack at the others around this exact size and they suck too! I can go a little bigger and end up like 2MPH off on the speedometer and end up with some better tires, but I gotta find out if they're too wide first. Its gonna wait though until they wear out, they just make too much racket as it is right now. :mad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same problem since new! Its been driving me crazy, the noice and i can feel it in the floor board. I take mine in tomorrow and there going to try and rebalance them.. i hope that helps or it looks like i will have to get a new set of tires. Oh i only have 6k on the car and its getting worse!

·
Registered
91 Posts
litesong said:
Hi gower2352...Were your tires Dunlop?
Yep! And I am noticing the sound back again to now after reading all of this stuff yesterday. I also just got done with a trip to DC for Easter weekend and the tires seemed to be better but now I am noticing that sound again. I got my car in October 07 and I have just rolled over to 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We get Continetals on our cars over here in Europe........ no issues whatsoever..........

........with the tyres.

Dave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts