Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if a 6 disc CD (RAQ) initially planted into a 2005 Jeep Cherokee will fit the Caliber. I would like to upgrade to make use of the better displays for the uConnect, Sat Radio etc. From looking at it, it appears to be the same shape and size.

Or does anyone have one from a Caliber they would to like to GIVE me or well OK sell..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Won't fit...totally different radio...I believe the Calibers is larger and I'm sure no one makes an adaptor for it

·
Registered
343 Posts
but the Liberty has the "old style" Chrysler radios, and are not similar in design. I have the Liberty and my partner has the new Wrangler, and the radios aren't even close

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stereo I am looking at appears to be very similar to the 1 disc cd that came in the Caliber. (for shape and size) The part # indicates 2005 Jeep CHEROKEE not Wrangler or Liberty. The Cherokee had uConnect, steering wheel controls etc. If some one has a photo of the front and rear of the RAQ 6 disc for the Caliber please pm me with the images.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
I believe that you mean that the radio that you have now came out of a GRAND cherokee and NOT a Liberty?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHRYSLER-DODGE-DURANGO-JEEP-CHEROKEE-RAQ-CD-MP3-RADIO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38641QQihZ001QQitemZ110076425171QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

this is the best that i can find quickly, there are also some that are RAQ apparently as well that have a cassette player in them as well. As far as i know as long as the radio looks like this it should fit, as for the connections i dont know id assume so. and since you have it whats 30 minutes to take the dash apart to find out?

·
Registered
86 Posts
The single disk RAK receiver I removed from my Caliber is the same size as the RAQ 6 disk/casette receiver I removed from my 2005 Magnum. I installed a Mopar NAV receiver in each car. The RAK is slightly deeper than the RAQ and the CAN bus connector is rotated 180 Deg. Should not be a problem swapping the RAK for a RAQ. The NAV receivers worked in both cars without a problem and the steering wheel controls work O.K. with the NAV. That sort of indicates that the receiver CAN signals are compatible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts