Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I remembered seeing it on here, and looked it up also, but has anybody put Compass (or Patriot) leather over their Caliber seats yet? The leather looks much better than ours, and I'm kind of worried that my cloth seats will get screwed up by my working with grease and grime and such everyday.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
It was me that asked... per IBUILDCALIBERS the seats look to be swappable but that's it for the interior... I do have to say the compass leather is the shizz!! If you do it post up some pics please.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew the seats were the only things that were interchangeable, as I found and read that thread before asking, I just didn't see any followups on it.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm NOT sure if the Compass or Patriot seats fit in the Caliber. I remember being asked to check, but don't think I ever did. I'll try to remember and check it out tonight. The other thing to consider is the elec connnections under the seat. They are NOT all the same.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
mkaresh said:
Even better leather is probably available aftermarket for less money. Just be careful with that, as GM recently sent some lease returns to the crusher because the aftermarket leather made the passenger airbag sensor not function properly.
I highly doubt they sent cars to the crushger just for that reason. You could put in new factory seats and have it work just fine cheaper than the money lost on crushing the car.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Wow, that's just weird that GM is taking responsibility for someone having aftermarket leather installed in the car. I can't say I've heard of manufacturers themselves adding aftermarket leather, but I wouldn't put it past them. I've seen dealers offer it, but that woudl put the dealer at fualt, not GM. Interesting to say the least.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts