Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Only thing dub-two's are good for is a show, and that's even iffy..

Extreme rotational mass and unsprung weight problems..ughh..

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
israel said:
Anyone at all?
I wanted to get some of these 20" Ram wheels (I think they are awesome)... but the bolt pattern is wrong:(

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
It would completely out of place in my opinion. Maybe Suz can do a stock chop w/22"?

Still makes me want to puke...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For fitment, yes. For performance, rotational mass and unsprung weight would make it slower than a frozen molasses..:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
we thought about getting 20s for my wif'es car, but after seeing how small the tire would be (245/35r20) I just don't trust that. I have 255/35r20 on my truck and i have to be really careful how i drive.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Because of how low profile it is? Potholes?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean..I've seen more than a few cases of effed up rims from potholes and curbs...:(

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am getting the 18" Chrome wheels on my R/T. From what I have seen in pics these rims look pretty big in comparison to the vehicle. That would definetly be a good thing if they do look BIG!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
The 18"s look perfect in my opinion but that is just me..:D

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have not seen the R/T 18" Rims in person. If they do in fact have a low-profile tire, then I am sure I will be happy.

Does anyone have info on how the car handles? I have read that it does quite well, but I would love to hear some first person experiences. I hope I can drive this car quite aggressivly in the corners.

Also, how are the tires the R/T? I have read that they are performance tires, but do they really perform like it?

·
Registered
447 Posts
n1vek said:
I have not seen the R/T 18" Rims in person. If they do in fact have a low-profile tire, then I am sure I will be happy.

Does anyone have info on how the car handles? I have read that it does quite well, but I would love to hear some first person experiences. I hope I can drive this car quite aggressivly in the corners.

Also, how are the tires the R/T? I have read that they are performance tires, but do they really perform like it?
It is not a low profile tire. 215/55/18. It doesn't look bad, but there is a good inch or two of open space between the top of the tire and the fender.

As for handling, the car handles pretty well all things considered, minimal body roll, responsive handling. The only thing holding it back are those shitty firestone tires. I hate those damn things so much. I never typically abuse my tires (spin doughnuts etc etc) but I hate these ones so much that I do it anyway.

If they'd put some good tires on the car it would be awesome around the corners. As it is now, lots of understeer on fast entrances, neutral once it settles into the corner though. Gotta love the AWD for that.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts