Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While traveling down a highway at 60-65 mph, roll down both back windows all the way, and maintain 60-65 mph. Keep the driver and passenger windows closed. After doing this, let me know if you experience any sort of discomfort, such as sore ear drums or the feeling that your roof of the car might come off. Please note this is not a joke.

·
Registered
160 Posts
mahal3680 said:
While traveling down a highway at 60-65 mph, roll down both back windows all the way, and maintain 60-65 mph. Keep the driver and passenger windows closed. After doing this, let me know if you experience any sort of discomfort, such as sore ear drums or the feeling that your roof of the car might come off. Please note this is not a joke.
Try and search for "buffeting" within the forum and you'll find stuff to read for the whole weekend ;)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that I know what this is called, how do I delete this thread? :eek:

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Even without a sunroof, the Caliber provides pretty much the same effect just with the rear windows down and front windows up at those same speeds.

Regardless of the previous discussions on this board that mention, explain, and elaborate on buffeting - I'd just leave your posts here. It's still something for anyone to experience at least once in a lifetime.

I equate the effects of "Wind Buffeting" to nude skydiving.

Don't ask how I know...:eek: :p :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Harley said:
I equate the effects of "Wind Buffeting" to nude skydiving.
Don't tell me you are also a member of NANMRA.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Michael K. said:
Don't tell me you are also a member of NANMRA.
Yep - preferably when I have a female passenger on the back of one of my Harleys.

I went streaking on a cycle, with a female companion, down the production line of a factory in my hometown years ago.

The ironic thing is that I became a cop in that same town a few years later - and one of the city councilmen who sat on the hiring boards and worked in that factory (as his regular fulltime job) recognized me and recalled that to me AFTER the interviews. When he asked me about it, all he wanted to know - to my relief - was who the GIRL on the back of the bike was.

I guess I could be considered a Charter member of NANMRA.

This was the bike;

NO, I don't have a pic of the girl, but she was a "looker" and great friend:

For those who are lost here:

OK - back to "Wind BUFFeting...

...not to be confused with talk about being "in the BUFF". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
48 Posts
will the sunroof windguard spoiler type thing cut down on it. I have a Mercury Villager with a sunroof and I think the windguard is OEM. I have no noise in my van like that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I disabled the little pop up thing in the sunroof, now it does the cavitation from 30 to 40 mph with the windows down. Close the sunroof a small bit, the noise stops. The up side is, it is wind noise is quieter at highway speeds with the sunroof open.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts