Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's the procedure to add a new spare key? my 2nd key is here but I'd like to do the add myself rather than service appt. I'll be getting a service manual/CD eventually but if you could help me out I'd appreciate it! :) owner's manual set supposed to available finally too, going to pick it all up later today. ridiculous how never came with the car to begin with doncha' think?

·
Registered
683 Posts
The owners manual has the procedure for programming a new key. It requires you to have two working keys already. Shouldnt be a problem to program a 3rd key since a new Caliber comes with 2 programmed keys. If you only have 1 key then the dealer must program a new key.

If you can't get an owners manual for some reason I can scan in the instructions from mine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah shucks, this is the 2nd key since the original 2nd one was "lost", ditto the owner's manual. I guess the car has to go in. might as well do the first service/oil change as it has over 500 miles now. thanks for the scan offer though!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Be prepared for a rather high cost. Key is about $50+ and most dealers want $45 to program it. You can try some locksmith shops as many of them do carry the Dodge keys and maybe cheaper. I lost one key also and paid the price. I'm going to get a 3rd key and program it myself as a spare.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no way I'm paying for squat since it was supposed to come with a 2nd key to begin with but it was "lost". I got the key and the manuals today, gratis, and just have to bring the car back for the programming. I wish I could code the 2nd key in myself, as apparently we can do for a 3rd.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I ordered a service manual on CD May 29 and still have not got it. I've called TechAuthority and each time they say the CDs are on back order. Come on fellas, how long does it take to duplicate a CD? I need the manual for suspension specs, DRL wiring, etc. My dealer service dept said they can't program the DRL with the StarScan, not on the menu. Supposedly needs an extra factory part?

If anyone has a genuine Caliber service manual on CD, I'd be happy to pay for material and shipping for a copy. PM me if can do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts