Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys i just came from the dealer after the new tsb and i have to say all the diesel noise has dissapeart ,gone ,BY BY ,shxt the engine sound realy nice now :D :D :D :D :D :D ,so everyone go and get it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
119 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

Well guess I am going to have to make an appointment for my car then..... thanks for the update on the fix Tup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

tupmeier said:
ok guys i just came from the dealer after the new tsb and i have to say all the diesel noise has dissapeart ,gone ,BY BY ,shxt the engine sound realy nice now :D :D :D :D :D :D ,so everyone go and get it
Tupmeier...how how many minutes does the installation take?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,985 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

set my appointement for 5-19-07 :( cant get it done any sooner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

Got mine going in tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well.

1. Hoping that gas milage will get better (20 MPG sucks)
2. That valve noise better go away.
3. Better acceleration would be nice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

Trythisonforsize said:
Got mine going in tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well.

1. Hoping that gas milage will get better (20 MPG sucks)
2. That valve noise better go away.
3. Better acceleration would be nice.
You taking it to San Diego Dodge?? We have an appointment on Saturday there. They looked confused when I showed them the printed out TSB. Kinda like the where did you get this look. And pretty sure they hadn't seen it. They asked if I was experienceing the symptoms, and of course I said yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

Nice. I'm about due for my next oil change, I will have to have this checked out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

Is there an official site to look up these TSB's? My caliber as well is sluggish on take off, and thought this was normal for the CVT. Anyway, I'd like to look up this info up myself. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

HSKR said:
You taking it to San Diego Dodge?? We have an appointment on Saturday there. They looked confused when I showed them the printed out TSB. Kinda like the where did you get this look. And pretty sure they hadn't seen it. They asked if I was experienceing the symptoms, and of course I said yes.
Nah, Rancho Auto on Balboa Ave. I called the service manager there and asked about it, and it was the first they had heard about it as well. I had them run my VIN, and it didn't come up, but I gave them the bulletin # and they got it. He asked what I was griping about and read him off the list. Also got to get this aftermarket security system they tossed in there straight too, as well as have them run a diagnostic to see if it's running to rich or something to see about the gas milage.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

They treat you good there? I like San Diego Dodge, of course that's where we bought our car. Have to drop the car of Friday night, and they are giving us a rental car until they are done with it. It's part of the customer perks package with every car they sell. While the car is under manufacturer warranty, they pay for your rental while they have your vehicle as long as you bought it from them. I'm sure they right it off as part of the cost of the warranty work, but a lot of dealer won't do that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

gmcgown said:
Tupmeier...how how many minutes does the installation take?
i don't know ,my dealer is agross my work and i dropt it of in the morning and pickt it up after work so ,soory i cant help,Cheers Thomas
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

HSKR said:
...I'm sure they right it off as part of the cost of the warranty work, but a lot of dealer won't do that.
Tell me about it..they wanted our van for a day a while ago before to fix some electrical problem and they expected the "courtesy shuttle" home to be good enough. :mad: Cant stand how dealers expect you to live without a car for a day when it is a warranty issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
377 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

UN4GTBL said:
Tell me about it..they wanted our van for a day a while ago before to fix some electrical problem and they expected the "courtesy shuttle" home to be good enough. :mad: Cant stand how dealers expect you to live without a car for a day when it is a warranty issue.
With my last dealer I refused to be put in that situation. The particular car had a fuel vapor leak recall and the car tested positive for leaking vapor into the cabin. I was told to drive it for a week while the replacement parts came in. I demanded a rental vehicle, they refused, so I called Mazda North American Operations on the dealership and in three hours the dealer called me back and told me my rental was waiting on me at the dealership.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

HSKR said:
You taking it to San Diego Dodge?? We have an appointment on Saturday there. They looked confused when I showed them the printed out TSB. Kinda like the where did you get this look. And pretty sure they hadn't seen it. They asked if I was experienceing the symptoms, and of course I said yes.
San Diego Dodge knows about the TSB, they applied it to my wife's car before all the trouble started w/ the alarm. Matter of fact they diagnosed it.

If it's the flash I'm thinking of, it did increase her mileage about 2-5 mpg or better.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,881 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

CoolCallie said:
With my last dealer I refused to be put in that situation. The particular car had a fuel vapor leak recall and the car tested positive for leaking vapor into the cabin. I was told to drive it for a week while the replacement parts came in. I demanded a rental vehicle, they refused, so I called Mazda North American Operations on the dealership and in three hours the dealer called me back and told me my rental was waiting on me at the dealership.
i just called the chrysler canada customer service number and all of a sudden the service department at my dealer called me back for the problem that i have been having - my car is now going to a body shop to have the left fog light bezel installed for the third time (lets hope that they get it right..im geting really tired of this incompetence!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

ultradark said:
San Diego Dodge knows about the TSB, they applied it to my wife's car before all the trouble started w/ the alarm. Matter of fact they diagnosed it.

If it's the flash I'm thinking of, it did increase her mileage about 2-5 mpg or better.
When did you have it done?? From what i saw, the TSB was just released the end of April.I hope it helps gas mileage, cause then I'd be getting better than advertised.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

HSKR said:
They treat you good there? I like San Diego Dodge, of course that's where we bought our car. Have to drop the car of Friday night, and they are giving us a rental car until they are done with it. It's part of the customer perks package with every car they sell. While the car is under manufacturer warranty, they pay for your rental while they have your vehicle as long as you bought it from them. I'm sure they right it off as part of the cost of the warranty work, but a lot of dealer won't do that.
Yeah, they treat me pretty well. I'm picky but they try to take care of me. I feel like a pilot writing up stupid piddly gripes sometimes though, heh. I bought the ultimate service plan with the car, which has paid for itself in just rental car fees between all the TSB'S and stuff. I typically just use the car to get back home, and I ride my motorcycle to work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Re: aply the new tsb 18-031-07 and the diesel sound is gone

HSKR said:
When did you have it done?? From what i saw, the TSB was just released the end of April.I hope it helps gas mileage, cause then I'd be getting better than advertised.
All I know is that in February we took the car in for service (oil change) and asked them about Flashes and TSB's. Our work order says "Applied Flash to Transmission per TSB and Customer request".

Mileage went for 21.4 to well above 25+ (thinking 26.5 or so)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
976 Posts
I just got back from having my free oil change at the dealership,
while I was there talked to them about TSB 18-031-07 and
I brought a hard copy of the bulletin.
They weren't aware of it so they were surprised that I could show them
it,they went ahead and did the flash.
WOW what a difference in acceleration,no hesitation,smoother than
before and back to having to check the tach to make sure it's
still running.Definitely worth effort in terms of drivability.
While I was there talked to the tech re the emergency brakes,
in regards to the fact that I use them everyday and the handle
has been getting higher and higher each week.I thought it needed
adjustment.It did require adjusting but he showed me that you do it
yourself simply sitting on level suface and keep engaing ermerg brake
over and over again.You will notice the handle engage lower and lower
but I had to do it about 30 times.
I'll post if MPG changes for better or worse.
 
1 - 20 of 144 Posts
Top