Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes it may be bad for the trees, but hey it's great for my windshield.

i had this stuff called aquapel put on my windshield. they claimed that the stuff would allow me to never use my windshiled wipers again... well they were mostly right.

i'm thinking this stuff works by reducing the surface tension on a rain drop and allows the water to not "stick" to the windshield. the rain then gets wisked away by the force of hte air passing over your vehicle at certain speeds and beyond.

this stuff is so amazing you can barely tell it's raining... so long as your'e going past 65kms/h. anything below that and you're better off using your windshield wipers.

so if anyone else was thinking of getting it put on i strongly suggest you do. you won't be sorry... you do get some weird looks while driving on the highway in a torrential downpour and not using your wipers though... so if you're tired of people oogling you out of jealousy from an awesome car, then you're going to get tired of them oogling you out of jealousy for aquapel as well. :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holeydonut said:
Most consumer reviews of RainX versus Auquapel have shown that RainX is just not as good.

http://www.jwardell.com/mini/2006/04/11/rain-x-vs-aquapel/

You pay more for auqapel, but you apply it less frequently.... seems like a winner to me :)
well good thing i had it done for free by the dealership... but i see that it's only going to cost me ten bucks to do it myself so sweeeeeet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I use rain-x and like it a lot but I'll have to try this aquapel stuff out.

It would be worth it to reapply less.

Where do they sell it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
This aquapel sounds interesting...will have to try it out....when i actually get my Cali. Was supposed to have it this weekend....but was informed by my salesman it was pushed back to June 06! But....i just received an email from him and he said May 31 now....so i can't wait!! The order was put in on April 22 2006....so i guess that is not too bad of an overhang!

·
Registered
377 Posts
RejeX is better, not only is it a water repellant for your windshield, but it is also a synthetic wax you can use all over the car and it will last for the whole year. I used to use it on my old Mazda6, wash, clay bar it, buff out any swirls or scratches, two layers of RejeX and top it with a carnuba wax topper (Meguiar's Gold Class paste usually). Nothing else gave me such a deep and rich shine.

After that, every other weekend wash it and every 4 to 5 months, reapply the carnuba wax.

Doing two or more layers of RejeX is an all weekend job, it requires 12 hours of curing out of sunlight and moisture (So you must have a garage to store it in), between layers.

Car & Driver loves the stuff, Southern Boating, Boating Life, and The Aviation Consumer all love it.

http://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

The problem with Aquapel is even a mild degreaser will remove it, we found that out with our display bottle that was coated in it at my former job. Glass cleaner also slowly removed it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Thanks for the detailed info! I will check this new product out for sure! Sounds like it is superior....but how much more $ ?
Cheers!

·
Registered
384 Posts
umf said:
This aquapel sounds interesting...will have to try it out....when i actually get my Cali. Was supposed to have it this weekend....but was informed by my salesman it was pushed back to June 06! But....i just received an email from him and he said May 31 now....so i can't wait!! The order was put in on April 22 2006....so i guess that is not too bad of an overhang!
UMF, was yoru car an order that you put in or did you just put down a deposit on a car that the dealership already had ordered in coming in?

I'm wondering because if it was all your own order, then that is not that bad of a wait time. I ordered mine on 4/19 and still don't have a build date!

·
Registered
182 Posts
katiescaliber said:
UMF, was yoru car an order that you put in or did you just put down a deposit on a car that the dealership already had ordered in coming in?

I'm wondering because if it was all your own order, then that is not that bad of a wait time. I ordered mine on 4/19 and still don't have a build date!
When i ordered my Cali it had a status which allowed me to put in the changes i requested...i believe it was D1 or something like that. My salesman was able to get the changes in at the last minute per say. There were only 3 addons per my request so it was not a big deal. But.......until i actually have my car, i guess my salesman can tell me anything i guess :confused: . I just hope i have it on the promised date of May 31. I will let you know if any new updates come up!
Cheers!

·
Registered
377 Posts
umf said:
Thanks for the detailed info! I will check this new product out for sure! Sounds like it is superior....but how much more $ ?
Cheers!
About $15 for a 12 ounce bottle, I ordered two and if memory serves I still have about 1 full one left. A 12 oz bottle will do about two vehicles and all of it's glass end to end. Just like wax, less is better.

·
Registered
182 Posts
CoolCallie said:
About $15 for a 12 ounce bottle, I ordered two and if memory serves I still have about 1 full one left. A 12 oz bottle will do about two vehicles and all of it's glass end to end. Just like wax, less is better.
Excellent! Thanks again for the info! Will order some or see if my detailing shop nearby has some!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hmmmm... seems like RejeX and Aqupel are two different animals.

One is a quick apply, lasts a decent length of time before reapplying, type of product.

The other is a "oh my goodness, it's going to take forever so I doubt I'll ever get to it" type of product.

I think there is a market for both.

IMHO, RainX is almost useless. It works for a while and then the window shows more spotty drop-type marking when the wipers are working than before it was applied.

I've tried it with the wipers that came with the car and with winter wipers.

I'll have to try this aquapel.

Thanks for the info, all of you! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts