Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading motortrend and it says' the srt will have 255:eek: /45z19 tires. Are my eyes playing tricks on me.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
No, I don't think so.
Not wide enough for you? :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
That will be wicked. A big help in getting the power to the ground. Because as we all know, that's the main obstacle SRT-4 owners face. And hopefully there will be room for improvement, even with 255 wide tires. I hope that wasn't a misprint.

·
Registered
245 Posts
sr4tuner said:
I'm reading motortrend and it says' the srt will have 255:eek: /45z19 tires. Are my eyes playing tricks on me.
Here is the excert from the DCX Press release:

The all-new 2007 Dodge Caliber SRT4 rides on SRT-unique 19-inch cast aluminum wheels with 225/45R19 W-rated Goodyear tires. Wheel hubs and bearings on all four corners are adapted from Chrysler Group mid-size cars for strength.

Dan

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Sweet! That is godly wide. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, read again.... Motortrend 255 /45z19 tires
Dodge 225/45R19 W-rated

Am I missing something? These numbers do not match even though Dan says they do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well, from the dodge website the wheels are 19x7.5. Coverted that's 190mm wide, so the tire will probably be a +1.5 maybe a little less and that will be 225mm. However, if you can fit a +2.5 tire on that rim, then you can get away with a 255mm tire. ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Those are tentative factory specs, so they may change sometime prior to production but I doubt it. I believe the tire’s being used is the Goodyear Eagle RSA’s. They seem to be the only tires Goodyear currently makes in 255/45R19.

I can only go by what were told, I guess well find out when the official Caliber SRT-4 production information is released.
PS. When I reread my post I realized they didnt match at all, sorry for the confusion ;)

Dan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts