Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Caliber in yesterday to have a few issues looked at that I was able to find TSB's for using this site.

First, my arm rest was sliding too easily. Second, my coolzone door would not stay open, which seems to be a common issue. Third, I had a bad rattle from the front of the car, and since my car was built in early March, the TSB that applies to sway bar links might have been an issue.

I have also had a few other squeaks and rattles, but when I was in the dealership before, they said it would take a long time to narrow it down.

Well, I just got back with the car, and here is what they did.

"Verrified light metal rattle and squeak type noise while driving approx 25mph near rear. Found License Plate Loose and RT Tail Lamp Assembly also slightly out of position and squeaking. Tightened license plate and repositioned RT rear tail lamp ASSY. Test drove and metal rattle still present which was loudest. Inspected underbody and found exhaust heat shield near driveshaft and fuel tank loose and rattling. Installed foam tape behind the shield and 1 piece between the fuel tank strap (RT SIDE) and the shield. Retested, noise gone."

That was their notes. The loose gastank thing was interesting, might be a place to start looking if you have frequent rattles.

As for the rest, they replaced the center armrest. Part # 1EE201DAAB.

Also, for the coolzone door,
"Apply sticky back open cell foam tape to chill zone mode door"

Performed TSB 24-005-06 REV A applied sticky tape to chill zone mode door.

The door sure stays open now, my only complaint now being that it does not seem to be a very good fix. The mode door is almost too hard to open and close now. Also not sure how well tape will hold up...

Anyway, hope that helps some people with these problems. The dealer was very nice, and ALL my squeaks and rattles seem to be gone! I had quite a few too, but used the Radio Mod (Turn it up until you dont hear the rattles) to get rid of them since the dealer was at first not much help.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
The loose gastank thing was interesting, might be a place to start looking if you have frequent rattles.
I think they meant the heat sheild next to the fuel tank was loose, not the tank itself.

As for the Chillzone door, best mod I did to my car to help that was remove the sliding tray all together. It allowed more air into the Chillzone and no more problems with the door being too loose. Have no need to ever close it anyways.

·
Registered
14 Posts
VulnoX said:
...Inspected underbody and found exhaust heat shield near driveshaft and fuel tank loose and rattling. Installed foam tape behind the shield and 1 piece between the fuel tank strap (RT SIDE) and the shield. Retested, noise gone."
Hi,

My caliber does the same rattling sound and I have pin-point it to be coming from the shift console. The slight rattle noise comes only when I am driving at 65-70 mph. Was that how the rattle on your caliber did? I actually just got the car back from the dealership and they said "the heat shield for shifter cable out of place and rattling against underbody." They claimed they repositioned it. But I still hear the rattle on the way home. It's annoying!
I wonder what causes this problem?

I guess I have to take it back to the dealer.

Leo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts