Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok so my vehicle is a 2007 jeep compass. vehicle was purchased in january 2008 at 30,000km since i have owned the vehicle this is the problems ive had.

picked up the vehicle on the 3rd of january later that evening it stalled at a drivethru. brought it back they did diagnostics flashed the system everything was fine. a month later knocking noise coming from engine, while accelerating from a gas station pedal got stuck. had to pry it with my foot pulled over checked there is no possible way that the mat caused the pedal to jam. brought it to the dealership. it was inspected no fault found.

in april i was experiencing the infimous dead pedal issue daily. transmission made a grinding sound when it de accelerated below 1,200 rpms and when accelerating over 1,200 rpms, started to stall more often, brought it to willison dodge jeep chrysler. they replaced both engine mounts and the alternator. they said that it solved the grinding noise at 1,200 rpm. i walked to my jeep and to my delight there was a very nice ding on the rear drivrs side quarter. so i argued with them spoke to the dealer principle he made an appointment for thier dent guy to fix it free of charge so i get in my jeep heard the noise while a was pulling out of the parking lot i backed up and parked went inside the transmission mechanic said oh it is stil there but it's not the transmission. he said bring it back so mid april i bring it back they look at it cant figure out what it is.

So late aug comes after long trips i smell electrical burning small, front end has a tonne of play rear shock is squeeking, my pass seat has a loose spring and once my ac sounded like a hairdryer. so i had enough wih willison and went to craighind they had the vehicle for 4 days they changed the tierod ends, fixed the seat and apparently the track was broken too. no fault found for the ac noise. they said the grinding noise was gone i said ok we will see about that i took the vehicle around the block with the mech he heard it, also went with the shop general manager he said ok i hear it so now they take it inspect it. They say ok lets change the transmission. so i wait a week or so for the parts to come in while i have the vehicle i still hear something loose in the front end, going over bumps or pulling out of parking lots and turning corners. so i tell them did you guys see if the inners needed to be replaced too he goes we wil check. I get the car back i go home hear the knock in the front end turn around go back to the dealership they said no it's fine when you lightly turn the steering wheel you can feel the play and hear the little clunk noise under the car he said ok well you will have to bring it in i told them i clouldn't at the moment. i made note of it with the service lady because the vehicle was a few hundred k from being out of warranty she said the repairs would be covered. so it's been getting worse i called the dealership they said ok well let us kno when you can bring it by and we will give you a quote. i was like quote? it's suppose to be covered under warranty he was like noo... so this is how the story below ties into all of this.

(I have been back and forth with chrysler for the past 2 and a half weeks)

Ok so i called chrysler at 1pm today told the lady i wanted to speak to "nick" because he has not called me back. She said he was busy and that he would call me back later, i told her i couldn't wait for his call because he still hasnt called me back. So i explained myself to her and she was like you need to have the car inspected by a chrysler dealership. I told her i had it inspected and they said that the balljoint is about to fall out and i should not drive the at all! so she said who inspected it i told her georgetown chrysler did. She said so why din't they fix it? i told her ive been waiting to find out if it's covered under the warranty under the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

she stated that i was out of my warranty, i then stated that it was reported that front end nock on bumps was present and it's documented on file. She then said so why wasnt it fixed by craig hind i told her they din't do it when the had the chance too. Then she said so you have to bring it to a chrysler dealership to be inspected. "at this point i had more than enough" i said I DID she was like when i was like 2 days ago and nick hasnt called me back she was like well your going to have to pay for it .I replied excuse me! no im not i was told it's covered under warranty before my warranty expired she said so why dont you get it fixed under warranty?

OMFG IM CALLING TO FIND OUT IF IT'S GOING TO BE COVERED, she told me to just pay it and fax us the bill and we will probably more than likely pay you back. I was like NO do you think im that stupid? she stated that's the only thing you can do i said i want to speak to your manager she replied you cant i told her to transfer me to her manager immediatly she was like i cant i then asked again to be transfered to nick. she replied that he was with a customer. SO i told her to have him call me. 4:00 comes around still no phone call."they close at 4:30" i call back ask to speak to him he is "busy with a customer".

she asked how she can help then i explained myself again she was like you should see if the dealership will fix it out of goodwill i was like are you ****ing kidding me maby if it was a bmw dealership but not a chrysler dealership. anyways i need to know i need my vehicle driveable and nick ISNT CALLING ME!!!!So she asked what needs to be fixed i told her the balljoint i explained the whole ****ing story to her. she was like so it says here you purchased aftermarket tierod ends from a third party that is why they wont do it under warranty i replied ARE YOU KIDDING ME I HAD MY TIERODS CHANGED AT CRAIGHIND IN LATE AUG so she is like so what is the problem? they have to be changed again? are you even listening to me. she said so the tierod ends on the jeep are not mopar ones they are the aftermarket ones you bought? right? i said NO!!!!!

she asked what is the problem is i told her it has NOTHING TO DO WITH TIERODS. she then asked me where are the tierod ends you bought i told her they were in my garage because i cant find my reciept to return them. she said ohh i see. well just go take it to the dealership and get the balljoint fixed i was like the only way to replace the balljoint is to put in a new control arm and im not paying 500 plus 100 something a hr to replace something chrysler said they would pay for! she told me to faxhead office the bill i said but is chrysler going to pay me wait why dont you pay for it and chrysler can pay you back. She said no i was like ohh cause you kno that they arent going to pay for it? she said that is not standard procedure i was like ok how about the dealership pays for it and gets the money from chrysler she said they wont i told her that doeent make sense then she put me on hold and my cell died..... i called back but i was too late they close at 4:30..these people that work at chrysler are so [email protected]#$%G STUPID IT's UNREAL. it's enought to make you want to go insaine

also my drivers seatbelt isn't staying locked randomly opens while driving!!!!! :nono:

i am not being rude with them they just dont understand. they ask the same question and say they same thing over and over again. These ppl i have spoken with lack common sense and general knolage of how to help a consumer.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
There's a lot of interaction here I immagine we're not hearing about. I'm sure if they were to post about you they may have some conflicting stories to tell about you.

I'm not saying this is your fault but from the tone of your remarks I can tell you like to argue with them. It sounded like two teenage girls arguing. The best thing is to go to the sales department one day and ask to speak with the whoever is in charge of the dealership today. That will most likely be a GM. Don't call on the phone because they get phone calls all day, you'll just be another call.

Call Chrysler and file a complaint on the dealership.

Find another dealership and get your work done there.

Oh, and please break your post down into paragraphs because that was hard to read.

If it were my vehicle and it had that many problems I would have left it at the dealership until they fixed it. If the can't fix it get an attorney and lemon law it.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Wow, my head hurts trying to comprehend what you typed out here.

Heres the format you should have used for best impact.

Problem with car

How they are handling it

What you want done with car

Use paragraphs, and not huge run on sentences.

Short, and to the point sentences are always nice to have as well.

ok my vehicle is a 07 jeep compass same as the caliber. this is very important information please read and fwd to other forums and friends.
so for the past week i have been back and forth with chrysler. im not getting and answer im getting extremely frusterated. read on...ok so i called chrysler at 1pm today told the lady i wanted to speak to "nick" because he has not called me back. she said he was busy and that he would call me back later i told her i couldn't wait for his call because he doesent like to call back. so i explained myself to her and she was like you need to have the car inspected by a chrysler dealership i told her i had it inspected and they said that the balljoint is about to fall out and not to drive the vehicle at all! so she said who inspected it i told her georgetown chrysler did. she was like so why din't the fix it? i was like BECAUSE I NEED TO FIND OUT IF IT's COVERED under the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was like your out of your warranty i then stated that it was reportedthat front end nock on bumps was present and it's documented on file. she then said so why wasnt it fixed by craig hind i told her they din't do it when the had the chance too. then she said so you have to bring it to a chrysler dealership to be inspected. "at this point i had more than enough" i said I DID she was like when i was like 2 days ago and nick hasnt called me back she was like well your going to have to pay for it i was like excuse me! no im not i was told it's covered under warranty before my warranty expired she was like so why dont you get it fixed under warranty i was like OMFG IM CALLING TO FIND OUT IF IT'S GOING TO BE COVERED, she was like ohhh just pay it and fax us the bill and we will probably more than likely pay you back. I was like NO do you think im that stupid? she was like that's the only thing you can do i was like i want to speak to your manager she was like you cant i was like you beter transfer me to your manager immediatly she was like i cant i was like transfer me to nick. she replied that he was with a customer. SO i told her to have him call me. 4:00 comes around still no phone call."they close at 4:30" i call back ask to speak to him he is "busy with a customer" she asked how she can help then i explained myself again she was like you should see if the dealership will fix it out of goodwill i was like are you ****ing kidding me mb if it was a bmw dealership but not a chrysler dealership. anyways i need to kno i need my vehicle driveable and nick ISNT CALLING ME!!!!So she was like what needs to be fixed i told her the balljoint i explained the whole ****ing story to her. she was like so it says here you purchased aftermarket tierod ends from a third party that is why they wont do it under warranty i was like ARE YOUKIDDING ME I HAD MY TIERODS CHANGED AT CRAIGHIND IN LATE AUG so she is like so what is the problem? the have to be changed again? i was like jesus christ are you even listening to me. she was like so the tierod ends on the jeep are not mopar ones they are the aftermarket ones you bought? right? i WAS LIKE NO!!!!! she was like so what is the problem i was like NOTHING TO DO WITH TIERODS. she is like where are the tierods you bought i was like in my garage because i cant find my reciept to return them. she was like ohh i see. well just go take it to the dealership and get the balljoint fixed i was like the only way to replace the balljoint is to put in a new control arm and im not paying 500 plus 100 something a hr to replace something chrysler said they would pay for! she was like just fax us the bill i was like but is chrysler going to pay me wait why dont you pay for it and chrysler can pay you back. She was like no i was like ohh cause you kno that they arent going to pay for it? she was like that is not standard procedure i was like ok how about the dealership pays for it and gets the money from chrysler she is like they wont i was like that doeent make sense then she put me on hold and my cell died..... i called back but i was too late they close at 4:30..these people that work at chrysler are so [email protected]#$%G STUPID IT's UNREAL. it's enought to make you want to go insaine

since january 2008 the vechicle has had numerous issues these things have been replaced the engine mounts, transmission!, shorting headlight (keeps shorting to this day,seat spring fixed and track fixed, new alternator and left and right outer tierod ends. ac/heat ocasionally makes a sound similar to a blowdryer. a noticably different note to the engine much louder i have put just over 37,00km on the vehicle since ive owned it in january. also the brakes vibrate allot i havent had them checked but either the rotors are warped and or they are severely worn also my drivers seatbelt isn't staying locked randomly opens while driving!!!!! :nono:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

·
Registered
458 Posts
holy run-on paragraph lol. im sorry to hear your having a hard time (not as hard as it is was trying to read your post lol) i hope it gets better for you

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
If you speak like you type then no wonder they're not fixing the problem.. THEY CAN'T *F*word UNDERSTAND YOU! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i think ur just going about it all wrong. By the way why post this here?

First this is a caliber forum.

Second what would do u really get out of this?

I can see if u needed help but it honestly sounds like u just wanted to cry somewhere real quick.

·
Registered
937 Posts
ok my vehicle is a 07 jeep compass same as the caliber. this is very important information please read and fwd to other forums and friends.
so for the past week i have been back and forth with chrysler. im not getting and answer im getting extremely frusterated. read on...ok so i called chrysler at 1pm today told the lady i wanted to speak to "nick" because he has not called me back. she said he was busy and that he would call me back later i told her i couldn't wait for his call because he doesent like to call back. so i explained myself to her and she was like you need to have the car inspected by a chrysler dealership i told her i had it inspected and they said that the balljoint is about to fall out and not to drive the vehicle at all! so she said who inspected it i told her georgetown chrysler did. she was like so why din't the fix it? i was like BECAUSE I NEED TO FIND OUT IF IT's COVERED under the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she was like your out of your warranty i then stated that it was reportedthat front end nock on bumps was present and it's documented on file. she then said so why wasnt it fixed by craig hind i told her they din't do it when the had the chance too. then she said so you have to bring it to a chrysler dealership to be inspected. "at this point i had more than enough" i said I DID she was like when i was like 2 days ago and nick hasnt called me back she was like well your going to have to pay for it i was like excuse me! no im not i was told it's covered under warranty before my warranty expired she was like so why dont you get it fixed under warranty i was like OMFG IM CALLING TO FIND OUT IF IT'S GOING TO BE COVERED, she was like ohhh just pay it and fax us the bill and we will probably more than likely pay you back. I was like NO do you think im that stupid? she was like that's the only thing you can do i was like i want to speak to your manager she was like you cant i was like you beter transfer me to your manager immediatly she was like i cant i was like transfer me to nick. she replied that he was with a customer. SO i told her to have him call me. 4:00 comes around still no phone call."they close at 4:30" i call back ask to speak to him he is "busy with a customer" she asked how she can help then i explained myself again she was like you should see if the dealership will fix it out of goodwill i was like are you ****ing kidding me mb if it was a bmw dealership but not a chrysler dealership. anyways i need to kno i need my vehicle driveable and nick ISNT CALLING ME!!!!So she was like what needs to be fixed i told her the balljoint i explained the whole ****ing story to her. she was like so it says here you purchased aftermarket tierod ends from a third party that is why they wont do it under warranty i was like ARE YOUKIDDING ME I HAD MY TIERODS CHANGED AT CRAIGHIND IN LATE AUG so she is like so what is the problem? the have to be changed again? i was like jesus christ are you even listening to me. she was like so the tierod ends on the jeep are not mopar ones they are the aftermarket ones you bought? right? i WAS LIKE NO!!!!! she was like so what is the problem i was like NOTHING TO DO WITH TIERODS. she is like where are the tierods you bought i was like in my garage because i cant find my reciept to return them. she was like ohh i see. well just go take it to the dealership and get the balljoint fixed i was like the only way to replace the balljoint is to put in a new control arm and im not paying 500 plus 100 something a hr to replace something chrysler said they would pay for! she was like just fax us the bill i was like but is chrysler going to pay me wait why dont you pay for it and chrysler can pay you back. She was like no i was like ohh cause you kno that they arent going to pay for it? she was like that is not standard procedure i was like ok how about the dealership pays for it and gets the money from chrysler she is like they wont i was like that doeent make sense then she put me on hold and my cell died..... i called back but i was too late they close at 4:30..these people that work at chrysler are so [email protected]#$%G STUPID IT's UNREAL. it's enought to make you want to go insaine

since january 2008 the vechicle has had numerous issues these things have been replaced the engine mounts, transmission!, shorting headlight (keeps shorting to this day,seat spring fixed and track fixed, new alternator and left and right outer tierod ends. ac/heat ocasionally makes a sound similar to a blowdryer. a noticably different note to the engine much louder i have put just over 37,00km on the vehicle since ive owned it in january. also the brakes vibrate allot i havent had them checked but either the rotors are warped and or they are severely worn also my drivers seatbelt isn't staying locked randomly opens while driving!!!!! :nono:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

What a TOOL. His first post....... How old are you Zack? :jester::jester:

·
Registered
175 Posts
For that post I wouldn't repair your car too.. lol.
Paragraphs have a purpose...
Now I'm going to a medic to check my eyes...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i like your repies first of all it was late. my laptop died on me and i didn't have my charger. Second of all i cant seem to login to my other account so i had to make a new account. I was going to go thru it and edit my post right after i posted it, then my batttery died. and if you kno anything about your cars you would kno that the jeep compass is the same car except for the body. therefore i am trying to allert fellow vehicle owners of issues i have experienced with my vehicle. and to also discuss the bull**** i have been dealing with. I have not been rude to anyone on the phone. So are you going to listen to what i have to say because it concerns you.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's a lot of interaction here I immagine we're not hearing about. I'm sure if they were to post about you they may have some conflicting stories to tell about you.

I'm not saying this is your fault but from the tone of your remarks I can tell you like to argue with them. It sounded like two teenage girls arguing. The best thing is to go to the sales department one day and ask to speak with the whoever is in charge of the dealership today. That will most likely be a GM. Don't call on the phone because they get phone calls all day, you'll just be another call.

Call Chrysler and file a complaint on the dealership.

Find another dealership and get your work done there.

Oh, and please break your post down into paragraphs because that was hard to read.

If it were my vehicle and it had that many problems I would have left it at the dealership until they fixed it. If the can't fix it get an attorney and lemon law it.
why would i file a complaint with the dealership it's chrysler canada im having the problem with. if i go to another dealership i will be at square one. i have 1 car at the monent the reason why i had the transmission done when i did because i had a car for 2 weeks while mine was in the shop.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I think that everyone who has commented on your post realizes
you venting your frustrations here.I hope you have not expressed
yourself in the sme manner to the dealerships involved because
it will get you nowhere,you have to remember they are in control.
You should get it down in writing with dates you visited and any
documentation you have to back up your visits and and complaint
inspections.
If people don't return calls it's generally because they don't know
how to deal with you or your problems and lack the knowledge or
the backbone to resolve disputes.
Yes you should go to another dealer if for nothing else a fresh
start and who knows maybe a service dept that gives a damn.
When you register a complaint copy everyone in Chrysler and
the dealer,it lets everyone in the loop know your unhappy but
willing to resolve your complaint.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think that everyone who has commented on your post realizes
you venting your frustrations here.I hope you have not expressed
yourself in the sme manner to the dealerships involved because
it will get you nowhere,you have to remember they are in control.
You should get it down in writing with dates you visited and any
documentation you have to back up your visits and and complaint
inspections.
If people don't return calls it's generally because they don't know
how to deal with you or your problems and lack the knowledge or
the backbone to resolve disputes.
Yes you should go to another dealer if for nothing else a fresh
start and who knows maybe a service dept that gives a damn.
When you register a complaint copy everyone in Chrysler and
the dealer,it lets everyone in the loop know your unhappy but
willing to resolve your complaint.
woah woah woah back up here i kno what im doing like i said im trying to let others kno how what's going on. im not approaching the dealership with attitude and im talking to someone nicely. when one person asks you the same question 3 times and doesent pay attn to you response then asks you again and again. im tired of wasting my time ive been told by the dealership wich i really like that it is in chryslers hands the main issue is im in acton ontario 30min north of oakville.

The car is here the dealership i need to go to is in toronto. it's very unsafe to drive the vehicle there so im going between chrysler canada georgetown dodge jeep chrysler and craighind. the people on the phone wont give me a solid answer.
i am out of my warranty period but if an issue is reported before warranty is over it is covered. now im being told the opposite.

i was told by the dealership that the guy who i need to get a hold of has information or me on how to resolve this but he isnt calling...see my dilema and no one else can figure this out you would think it would be noted on file?

·
Registered
976 Posts
Well if you feel that you have your end in order with
all the documentation then possibly you have to stop
using the telephone to communicate with this "Nick"
and meet him nose to nose.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I'm still wondering why you haven't called Chrysler yet? How bad does it need to get?

Get them envolved when you have problems like this and it will get corrected.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
I know how un-helpful Chrysler Canada can be. When I was having my "dis-agreement" with Unique Chrysler after they destroyed my front bumper, they told me that they were sorry that I was having this problem, and that I would need to go higher up at the dealership. I've heard of other stories about people having problems actually getting a call back from the head office as well. Its amazing actually, as when i sent back my survey about the dealership, i included a 4 page double sided day-by-day agenda of the problems that i went through, as well as people's names, and at the bottom of the letter, i asked to be contacted about the issue, and i have yet to hear anything back from that, and that was over a year ago.

We had the same thing happen to us at another dealership in Burlington on our last truck, where a problem was reported well before the warranty was up, but the service manager never was around when i went in, so i had to make a specific appointment with him and he then told me that they won't do it as it was after the warranty, and that such issues were only covered for a year

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Try Brampton Chrysler, So far I have had no problems with them. The so called "service advisors" are assholes but once you force their hand to acttually have a technician look at the car, things are good.

We had a problem with the wifes car about a year ago, where the brakes would make a real loud groawn once the car stopped and settled back down. The advisors sluffed the wife off once by saying "that's normal", two days later I went in with her and told them that with the car sitting statically there should be no noise, and then shot down their claim of "well it the pressure of the brake system" , I didn't realize that the brake system uses more then 300 psi and have return lines.

Well at that point they new they wern't getting rid of me so they scheduled the car in, where the technician replaced, pads,shoes, rotors, drums and front calipers. All under warranty.

Check them out, the lady service advisor is the best, no BS.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts