Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I'm in Melbourne Australia, and we a getting these hot cars in about a month. I am seriously thinking of getting one, but thinking of waiting until the SRT comes out. That might not be until later in the year/early next.

Plus the cost may be a bit high, they are thinking they might be low $30's, up to $40K for the SRT. A bit more than what you guys pay! And no interest deals/rebates/many options. What we see is what we get! I may be able to swing a bit more on my trade, a 2001 PT Cruiser, but we'll see. May sell it privately...

Anyway, looking forward to hangin' out on this forum, seeing how it evolves, and taking one for a test drive! Oh, and seeing if there are any cool mods that come out, like when I got my PT!

See ya guys and girls!

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Welsome to caliberforums aussiedeano!!:):)

Thats interesting that the "land down under" has to pay that much for an SRT version. Heck we don't even know what we will be paying, BUT all seems to point toward the mid 20's.

Anyway, enjoy!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

To say we get screwed royally on new cars is an understatement! Tariffs, import duties, the dollar, comissions, etc, hardly makes it worthwhile sometimes, but to get to own such a cool car, it's worth it!

If and when I get one, I will post my pics and stuff!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Meh, not much of a trade off.....it's ok. I'm not Australian, so I have no allegiance.....lived in quite a few different countries, visited lots of others, to be honest, I'd live somewhere else if I had my choice.....lots of stuff is really expensive here, like cars and electronics, basically toys. I've lived in worse. Whatever.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts