Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find anything in the manual regarding the auto-dimming rearview mirror......

What is the center button that turns on the left green light? There is a light on the right side, but what is that for?

Thanks!

Marc

·
Registered
173 Posts
3dee said:
I could not find anything in the manual regarding the auto-dimming rearview mirror......

What is the center button that turns on the left green light? There is a light on the right side, but what is that for?

Thanks!

Marc
What you are calling a light, is actually the sensor that detects headlights behind you. This is what tells the computer to dim the mirror.

The green light just tells you if the system is on or off. If it is green, it is on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
TommyLee said:
What you are calling a light, is actually the sensor that detects headlights behind you. This is what tells the computer to dim the mirror.

The green light just tells you if the system is on or off. If it is green, it is on.
And that's standard for any Chrysler product. It's the same system in my GenIII Dakota.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TommyLee said:

Sounds simple enough.....thanks. I was just curious and posted the question. I haven't driven the car much at night.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts