Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering switching my insurance company from Geico, just curious as to what company people use, and how you would rate your company on a scale of 1-5. 5 being the highest rating. Geiceo gets a 2 from me!:mad:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have Geico... I actually would give them at least a 4 or even a 5. I have only had once claim with them and it wasn't my fault but they paid for everything and went after the other person's insurance because they didn't want to pay.

I have had Allstate and Progressive in the past and I have been much happier with Geico. Also they are a lot cheaper for me :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
I've had good service with Allstate but they keep raising their rates. Low ball to get you in and then quickly raise it every billing period. I'm gonna be shopping around soon.

I've been wanting to know how the customer service is with places like Geiko, Costco etc. Mainly how they are in handling a claim.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
mistermario said:
I have Geico... I actually would give them at least a 4 or even a 5. I have only had once claim with them and it wasn't my fault but they paid for everything and went after the other person's insurance because they didn't want to pay.

I have had Allstate and Progressive in the past and I have been much happier with Geico. Also they are a lot cheaper for me :)
Thanks for replying MM! How's Geico's CUSTOMER SERVICE?

Huff said:
I've had good service with Allstate but they keep raising their rates. Low ball to get you in and then quickly raise it every billing period. I'm gonna be shopping around soon.

I've been wanting to know how the customer service is with places like Geiko, Costco etc. Mainly how they are in handling a claim.
Yea, I hear bad things too about AS.

DANG, ONLY 2 PEOPLE HAVE INSURANCE? ANYONE USE OR HEARD ANYTHING GOOD ABOUT "ESURANCE"?

·
Registered
67 Posts
my wife got a new car the same time i did. we went to esurance.com. for both of our new cars and our old suzuki its like 700$ for 6 months and ive never held my own insurance before.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
j85 said:
my wife got a new car the same time i did. we went to esurance.com. for both of our new cars and our old suzuki its like 700$ for 6 months and ive never held my own insurance before.
Dang J! $700.00 bucks for 3 whips? Full coverage I assume?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I changed to Wawanesa Insurance about 1 year ago, and their pricing is way better than Mercury Insurance I had. They are located in San Diego, and do California and Nevada and Canada only.

Very good company with great rates, and no advertising, just word of mouth as far as I can tell.

You can go to their website and request a quote, and they will mail it out with separated pricing for everything in your insurance so you can choose based on individual pricing including deductibles and insurance coverages.

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an independant agent who saved me a bundle. When I got the Caliber he said he'd been switching alot of folks to The Allied Group which is a subsidiary of Nationwide. I guess you have to have a good driving record to get on with them but when I compared them with Geico, Progressive and All State they were cheaper by far.

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
FtK Shadow said:
I changed to Wawanesa Insurance about 1 year ago, and their pricing is way better than Mercury Insurance I had. They are located in San Diego, and do California and Nevada and Canada only.

Very good company with great rates, and no advertising, just word of mouth as far as I can tell.

You can go to their website and request a quote, and they will mail it out with separated pricing for everything in your insurance so you can choose based on individual pricing including deductibles and insurance coverages.

Good Luck

Mike
Thanks, but I'm in NYC...

Bulldogger said:
ING

Very happy. :)
Really? What's this all about? http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff70018.htm:confused:

·
Banned
554 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
Dunno, guy's a tool?

Best rates our insurance company could find us! We were using Wawanesa before ING. I'm 32, wife is 25, both have fairly clean driving records. We are insuring through them a 2005 Magnum & a 2007 Caliber for, if I remember right, $1700-1800 a year. I don't think that's all that bad, do you?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
I'm considering switching my insurance company from Geico, just curious as to what company people use, and how you would rate your company on a scale of 1-5. 5 being the highest rating. Geiceo gets a 2 from me!:mad:
Just curious why the bad vibes toward Geico? A specific incident, overall concerns, etc"

I've been with them since 1983, all vehicles to include motorcycles, no problems at all. Great customer service, best rates in comparison to others in every place and situation I've been.

One claim, about 10 years ago. My vehicle, someone else (authorized) driving it (no injuries). Geico even accepted my provided proof that the State Trooper botched the accident report. I am a certified accident investigator, and the trooper's measurements and reconstruction underestimated the other driver's speed, erroneously displayed his position, and failed to note "scuff/scrub" and other consequential marks that proved the other driver was entirely at fault (AND as corroborated/verified by witnesses that the trooper failed to interview).

Geico stood strong to dispute the initial "official" accident report, and, with the provided facts, obtain an impartial expert reconstruction/investigation that confirmed the correct information in very short time. All was paid in a timely manner while my initial replacement-vehicle needs and repair were handled immediately after the accident.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have State Farm and I give them a 5. They are 100% there for you in an accident, even if it is your fault. I think they may be slightly more pricey than other places, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
162 Posts
katiescaliber said:
I have State Farm and I give them a 5. They are 100% there for you in an accident, even if it is your fault. I think they may be slightly more pricey than other places, but you get what you pay for.
I also have State Farm and they are a 5 from me. I have never had any complaints with them and I enjoy dealing with my Rep. Not to mention they gave me some really nice Atlas's for free, and I am not talking about those cheap ones you get from other places. These babies were new and in-depth. I will admit that they are pricey, but like Katiescaliber said, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have had Geico for almost 20 years now... house insurance on a house I own in TX, my Caliber, my Ram and my 5th Wheel RV.. They treated me right (and promptly) in regards to the fender bender I posted about earlier here.. My ex used them many times for roadside assistance (locked keys in car, jump start, etc) and they were prompt... So I would give them a 4 or 5 from my experience.. My rates go down each year. I pay about $900 for the 2 Vehicles and RV every 6 months... I have shopped around and haven't found any big savings anywhere. I handle 98% of my transactions with them online, from windshield claims to making payments... I have had an occassion or two talking with one of their reps on the phone to feel like I was talking to someone who needed a bit more training, but that is the exception rather than the rule for me.. All in all I have no reason to change or not recommend them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I hate nationwide 2 times they said I didnt pay my monthly bill!! Even though I showed the checks had been cashed! Each time about a month and half later they sent me a letter saying my insurance was cancelled for not paying!! So basically I was driving around for a total of 3 months that year with out insurance!!!

I have Bristol West now not only are they cheaper! But anytime I call them they answer my questions straight forward non of this let me get back to you crap! They also have never said I didnt pay them! They work good for me!

·
Registered
67 Posts
STEELBLueCALI said:
Dang J! $700.00 bucks for 3 whips? Full coverage I assume?
yeah bro, thats 700$ for 6 months worth of coverage on 3 cars, full coverage on 2 of them. only 1400$ a year. i think thats pretty good

·
Registered
683 Posts
$1400.yr for 3 cars especially if they are fairly new is great! It's difficult to compare as rates vary widely from state to state as well as just particular parts of a city. One state/city can easily be 1/2 the rate of another.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I had State Farm, a 5 for customer service but they are pricey for sure. I have Grange Ins now and one of my closest friends is my rep so I can't really compare customer service, I have the best now since he's a friend but the rates are WAY better. I pay $140 a month for the Caliber and a 2001 Aztek, we have about 7 points between the two of us and a great credit score(remember your credit affects your rates).

1 - 20 of 54 Posts