Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Huff said:
I'm suprised that credit doesnt effect rates in Canada since many of the same companies write policies in both countries. The theory is that people with poor credit are not as responsible of a driver. Credit is also needed for better payment terms.
BS! Insurance companies are thieves! What better way to jack up your rates by blaming your credit score. What a Croc!
In fact, I would think that someone with bad credit scores would try harder to drive safe since they know they can't afford another car. It has nothing to do with being a responsible driver. Many people are responsible drivers that also have poor credit. Some people have poor credit scores because of bad luck in the job market thru no fault of their own. In fact, people who have great credit scores have been know to be poor drivers. The bottom line: One has NOTHING to do with the other.

· Registered
97 Posts
Sleazy said:
I understand some people have a run of bad luck through no fault of their own, but insurance companies make policies based on general trends, not individuals.
I disagree. Paying your bills has NOTHING to do with your driving record.

The problem I have with Insurance companies is just what you have stated above. Your insurance rates SHOULD be based on YOUR driving record, not everyone elses!
I have a excellent driving record-no accidents, tickets in 20+ years, but my credit is good, not great. And I do pay my bills! Yet my insurance is higher than I think it should be considering my DRIVING RECORD.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts