Dodge Caliber Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
This one hasn't been mentioned yet: American Express Property Casualty. Name changed to Ameriprise Property Casualty within the last year. I've been with them at least 10 yrs or so.

I learned about them thru my corporate AmEx card. The offices are located in Green Bay WI, and they have no local office/agents where I live (metro Detroit). They do have adjusters locally (or maybe they are contractors? don't know) who will come out to inspect the vehicle after an incident. I've had 2 claims with them, both handled over the phone. They are very quick about mailing you the paperwork you need. The payout from them was equally prompt as well.

Rates are good (for me) compared to other options. Usually you can get a price break if you bundle with other insurances. That didn't work for me. I have State Farm for my homeowners policy, and Ameriprise is still better even after the "bundled" rate. They also offer the usual "affinity discounts" (as do most major carriers) for credit union membership, good driving record, passive safety devices, etc.

The premium for a 6-month policy is divided into only 5 payments. 5 months on, 1 month off.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I should probably mention DaimlerChrysler is now offering insurance through AIG at a reduced cost for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep owners. It includes special benefits and may save you hundreds of dollars a year.

If you are shopping around, give 1-800-258-1962 a call and provide them with invitation code '2351'. The licensed representatives at AIG would be able to provide you with a quote and answer any questions you may have.

Dan

·
Registered
162 Posts
DodgeInfoCenter said:
I should probably mention DaimlerChrysler is now offering insurance through AIG at a reduced cost for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep owners. It includes special benefits and may save you hundreds of dollars a year.

If you are shopping around, give 1-800-258-1962 a call and provide them with invitation code '2351'. The licensed representatives at AIG would be able to provide you with a quote and answer any questions you may have.

Dan
Thanks for the plug! :p I have thought about giving them a try but I am still sitting on the fence. If someone has them please let us know how they are and how they compare to other companies. I think it is kind of a cool idea to get a discount because I drive a certain brand. It is a nice way to build brand loyalty.

·
Registered
247 Posts
SXTANDME said:
Thanks for the plug! :p I have thought about giving them a try but I am still sitting on the fence. If someone has them please let us know how they are and how they compare to other companies. I think it is kind of a cool idea to get a discount because I drive a certain brand. It is a nice way to build brand loyalty.
I figured I might as well plug away, the quote process takes around 10min with no strings attached. That invitation code '2351' is like a discount coupon they use to provide you with the discounted rate quote. If they don’t ask for it, bring it up with them to get the lowest rate possible.

I should also mention that the insurance is available to non DCX vehicles as well although the benefits may be different. Speak with an AIG agent for specific details.

Dan

·
Banned
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
SXTANDME said:
I'll say!:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am with Allstate. My parents have always been with Allstate for their cars and home, plus they are close with their agent. I have had my home with the same agent and Allstate for almost 4 years, so when I bought my Cali I decided to put my Cali, my ranger and my gf's Eclipse with Allstate. We pay $800 every 6 months for all 3, with full coverage on the Cali and Eclipse.

My agent represents 13 different companies and Allstate gave us the best rate.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Progressive

Had them for my motorcycle as well.
Too new though to really give a rating ... it was the cheapest option though, so that's a plus

·
Registered
251 Posts
I go thru USAA and I pay 72 a month for the Caliber (Full Coverage) and my 1989 Berretta (No Coverage). So that makes... $864 a year. Not too shabby, but I'm 21 and married, both of us have a clean driving record (I got 2 speeding tickets)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I also go through USAA. It's just over $700 every 6 months for me with full coverage on both my Caliber and my '00 Dakota R/T. I have one at fualt accident(totaled my '99 Dakota R/T) from four years ago, and one speeding ticket from almost 4 years ago they still show for insurance. Have my wife and I both on the insurance. She has a clean record. It's $349 for 6 months for just the Caliber.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm jealous. I'm paying a little over $1,100 a year for the Cali through State Farm. The problem is my bike is only $200 a year and nobody else can touch that price so I'm stuck. I guess it balances out in the end.

·
Registered
181 Posts
wbt said:
$689 per year full coverage.

Geico
Now I'm jealous... $532.80 six mo geico. I live in the city of Seattle my friends went down a couple hundred when she moved out. That's with the safety features, including lojack and safe driving record and I'm in my 30's. Who knows next time? I was hit by another car. I know even though he t-boned me he's claiming injury. Letting Geico deal so far no payment to him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
JIA is the best insurance company offering best insurance solutions to many customers across the nation. We focus on providing almost all kinds of insurance that are tailored to customer’s requirements. Our appealing insurance services include motor, home, health, personal accident insurance, liability insurance, contractors all risks, workers insurance, and education policies.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts