Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my caliber yesterday and can not find the AUXILARY Jack. I thought they ALL were, no matter what option you got?!

the sales guy couldn't find it but on my paperwork it clearly says i'm supposed to have it. I have a 6 cd changer and its not on the interface.

Is it somewhere else? Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Your radio is upgraded from the standard radio, which both would be on the sticker, standard radio AM/FM/Aux, then under the price list, you will see radio upgrade to 6 CD changer, and ANY upgrade loses the Aux connection.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yep, your out of luck..as am I. It stinks huh?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well now quite out of luck. The upgraded stereos are able to play cds with mp3s on them, along with music cds. A cd that will normally hold only 14 - 20 songs, will hold about 140 mp3s, just burn the files not that actual music.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Okay well I am out of luck because I want to plug my Ipod into my stereo. I let my husband load the 6 disc with his type of music. I usually do satellite radio but we didn't get the Sirius because we subscribe to XM already and dh doesn't want all the wires everywhere to add it now.

So...I guess a wireless adapter is what I have to find.

·
Registered
377 Posts
CaliberChic said:
So...I guess a wireless adapter is what I have to find.
You can get an FM Modulator adaptor. I used to use one for my MP3 player. It's not the best quality, depending on what you get, but it gets the job done. I believe they even have iPod specific ones that charge it too.

I opted for the 6-Disc because I already have a bunch of MP3 CDs. It would have been nice with the AUX so I could hardwire my Sirius, but I've got some other options I'm looking at for that. I just can't wait to get my car and post pics.

Did you custom order your Caliber, or did you find it on a lot?

·
Registered
361 Posts
I couldn't decide for a while which stereo to get. I wish they included the AUX jack on all models.

Despite having tons of MP3 CDs, I decided to go with the standard one for the jack. With WinAMP plugins for the iPod, transfering music is as easy as it is listening to it (I've never been a fan of iTunes -- Plus 60GB is more music than I've ever actually needed). I also want to get an XM thinggie going, so the AUX jack will be good for that.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been using an FM transmitter for my ipod for about a year now in my other car, and moved it to the caliber and it works great.

One thing to make sure you do is get a transmitter that is NOT battery powered. A transmitter that is powered by a couple double A batteries won't take you as far or be as good a quality as one you plug into your car's adapter / lighter.

Quality is good and I will continue to use it with the caliber and the ipod :)

·
Banned
554 Posts
playB0Y42 said:
Well now quite out of luck. The upgraded stereos are able to play cds with mp3s on them, along with music cds. A cd that will normally hold only 14 - 20 songs, will hold about 140 mp3s, just burn the files not that actual music.
Works like a charm. :) Wish I had known that a little sooner! Thanks a lot for posting that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have the Griffin iTrip for my iPod, the little cubby right below the stereo is a perfect place for it. My iPod is a 4th gen color and it seems way to snug to put it in the holder. The iTrip uses the power from the iPod, no batteries. It works good, but then I live in an area with very few stations. In bigger areas it sucks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
There's also the "drive and play" system for around $200 I want to say. This thing plugs into the antenna input on your stereo then the antenna pluigs into it. When listening to the iPod, it totally blocks any RF coming into the radio. It has a new interface with it as well that you can mount on your dash somewhere. This helps when looking for songs as it can sit higher and allow you to still keep your eyes "near" the road. As you look at it, you
have a little wheel that acts just like the iPod interface for user control. Do a search on Best Buy's website for "drive and Play" and you should be able to find it easily.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts