Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while getting out of the car, the cord plug into the Aux/MP3 jack somehow got tangle on my leg. When I started getting out of the car it pulled and bent the plug on the cord in the Aux jack but also pulled the silver piece in the jack loose. It did not break or fall out it is just loose. I straightened out the plug on my cord but now when I plug it back in to the aux jack I have to wiggle it a little to get it to play out of the left and right speakers properly. Anyone help on fixing this one on my own??

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ahhh... the jack on the radio is all loose now. That must be really annoying. Well if it comes to it you can probably grab another base radio for pretty cheap since alot of people swap them for the 6 disk and the nav.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try this if you have any speaker wire laying around. Get a single strand of wire, yes, one tiny little sliver of copper wire, and wrap it around the jack. Then stick it back in the hole. If you put too much wire on it, it won't fit, so you'll have to play around with it. The plug is not making good contact now, but adding the wire around the jack may make it contact fully again.
I haven't done this on our car, but it has worked on some old headphones that I had that were mistreated. It's worth a shot anyway, and it won't cost you anything to try it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
yeah i use my ipod and my aux jack actually just got loose, i never snatched on it or anything. im going to take it back to the dealer and be like "hey buddy this stopped working so fix it..." its so annoying i will be driving and then whoops audio only on the right front speaker....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts