Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried asking this question on already existing threads that are about similar topics but have had no success, maybe those threads are no longer popular.

Anyway, the Caliber I ordered has the base stereo with the aux jack.

I would like to hook up my mp3 player while it rests in the ipod holster.

Do you think 24 inches of stereo cable will be long enough?

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
katiescaliber said:
I would like to hook up my mp3 player while it rests in the ipod holster.

Do you think 24 inches of stereo cable will be long enough?

Thanks!
Katie, the answer is a resounding "Absolutely Yes":) . I don't have the AUX jack radio, but I do (as all Caliber's do) have the MP3 flip-top holder. I ran a quick trial. First, I cut an old shoe-string to 24 inches and draped it across from the flip-top to the radio. No problem...the line swags. I also, laid a tape measure from the flip-top to the dash. The tape measure is rigid and was stretched out 26 inches (Did that so you could see the "24-inch" mark.) Anyway, 24 inches will be fine. If you're trying to tuck the cord away, then you'll like need another foot. :D

Tyke

My trial...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow, MrTyke, thank you so much! That was nice of you to go to all that trouble. I really appreciate it! I'm laughing at the shoestring, it looks like it is tucked into the CD player! LOL! :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I got tired of messing with the wire and either hang the iPod from the rearview mirror or put it all in that cubyhole under the radio (the bag is from wallmart and keeps the car clean:p )

·
Registered
311 Posts
katiescaliber said:
I'm laughing at the shoestring, it looks like it is tucked into the CD player! LOL! :)
Yep...that's exactly what I did. Couldn't figure out how to get it to stay there and didn't want to go back inside for some tape. I just stuck it inside the lip of the CD player. :)

GOT said:
I got tired of messing with the wire and either hang the iPod from the rearview mirror or put it all in that cubyhole under the radio (the bag is from wallmart and keeps the car clean:p )
Neat idea on the Walmart bag!

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Return it and buy a shorter one?

Did you get the monster Monster Cable?

+3 on the trash bag, good idea. :D

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha, yeah, I think that qualifies..:D

Any chance that you could return it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello quick question does the caliber already come equipped with the ipod adapter aux cord thing or do i have to purchase that from some place? also where can i get it? thanks

·
Registered
311 Posts
jayspeedy24 said:
hello quick question does the caliber already come equipped with the ipod adapter aux cord thing or do i have to purchase that from some place? also where can i get it? thanks
I am distinctly NOT the expert on IPOD systems. As I recall from previous discussions, none of the Caliber installed radios are equipped with an IPOD adapter.

The base radio model has an auxiliary connector that allows any MP3/audio output device to be connected from the unit's headphone output.

Here are a couple links to related threads
IPOD in SXT
base radio...USB-to-IPOD
ipod hookup
6 Disc MP3 CD Player #4 <---Good one to read.

Tyke

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have a widescreen laptop, I'm gonna run to RadioShack and pick up a 6' cable with stereo 1/8" jacks on either end, then I can put my laptop on the back end with the tailgate up and have my own mini drive in! haha! (Plus who needs an ipod when you can just hook your computer in!)

·
Registered
143 Posts
The flip up cellphone/ipod holder is just way too uncomforable for me to use with my mp3 player (samsung ypt6) so I just stuffed it into the cubby underneath the radio. I like it better there because you dont have wires dangling all around your car and I find it easier to switch songs with it in there vs in the holder.

·
Banned
400 Posts
12am said:
The flip up cellphone/ipod holder is just way too uncomforable for me to use with my mp3 player (samsung ypt6) so I just stuffed it into the cubby underneath the radio. I like it better there because you dont have wires dangling all around your car and I find it easier to switch songs with it in there vs in the holder.
Yea, what were the designers thinking when they made that "ipod/cellphone holder" anyway? Should have been an aux jack built into the damn thing! C'mon DCX, it's a 2007 for crying out loud.:mad:

·
Registered
506 Posts
yea i was in Mainz Kastel on the post there and they have a Dodge Caliber SE sitting with all the doors open... so i sit in it getting the feel for my baby to come... honestly i think it might be a little unsafe for me to use the "iPod" holder just cuz it or the wiring will be in the way of me shifting... 5 spd.. I WILL NEVER SUCCUMB TO THE WILL OF AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION!!!! sorry... i get carried away

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is my Caliber the only one with a sticker in the holder that says it was NOT intended for use while the vehicle is in motion? ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
What cable did you buy to use with the shuffle? I got one from Radio Shack and it barely works, sounds like the shuffle skips and only comes through on the right side speakers. shuffle sounds fine with the earbuds.

Thanks for your help!

GOT said:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts