Dodge Caliber Forums banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 SXT with 91,XXX miles on it and just had the rear latch break on mine last night. I just want to say thank you to the post to help with getting it open. I found on my model since I do not have the speakers on the rear gate that my rear panel is extremely easy to remove. I crawled back there with a skinny flat head screw driver and popped the upper door panel plastics loose on both sides and then pulled the lower complete section off which is held in place by plastic tabs with metal covered tips that pop in the door enough for me to get a good look at the mechanism to where I could open the door (need two people to do this as you would guess). I discovered that my power lock works just fine and that the handle is broke at the top and not pulling the cable far enough open the latch at the bottom, I also noticed that the flat upper section on the outside portion of the door which holds the handle, tag lights and dodge emblem is actually loose and I could see the bolts on the sides that were broken out of the upper section. I was wondering if anyone has seen this happen? I searched online last night and found the upper section used but it didn't have the cable to attach to the release latch but it did have the handle in it. I would really like to avoid buying this part from the dealer because of the cost but I also don't drive the car that much and it usually sits in the garage because I just got a new car.
I had the same problem with my 2011, and replaced the mechanism with a cheap one, put it all back together after 1 month and now bam intermittant again. im wondering if it could be the bcm for the locks. if i try to open and close several times it stops working for all the doors.

21 - 21 of 21 Posts