Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into these things.I saw a VR3 backup cam on the Walmart site and thought it might be a good idea for the Caliber.
Any input or thoughts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I installed a backup camera on my Magnum. It displays on the REC NAV receiver when reverse is used. It was modded with the "TV and Nav 2 Go" video input. I might add one to my Caliber's REV NAV unit. It will also display the Magnum DVD player.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I test drove a Nissan Murano this past weekend, and they had the reverse camera. It was kind of cool. But it would take some getting used too because the image is bowed like your looking through a peep hole. lol!

·
Registered
644 Posts
my buddy installs them all the time. primarily on big trucks. theres no point in having a mod like this on a caliber. i recommend doing the backup sensors if anything. 4-6 different sensors installed on the rear bumper that will make make beeping noises as you get close to something backing up. as you get closer the noise gets faster. thats what id do.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Since I backed over a pipe at work I am considering something and this camera system is wireless except for power and $100.00 US according the Walmart web site.

·
Registered
83 Posts
i'd do the camera-thing if there where power back there... i guess, we would have to use the power of tha back-light, turned on by shifting to reverse... that is a lot of cabling then....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts