Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after i bought my ms1 i was getting about 27mpg around town..now for some reason i have to really try to get over 23. i feel embarrassed to say this but im at 29k miles and havent replaced my air filter..i have bown it out a few times but havent replaced it. im getting a k&n this weekend hopefully. but could this cause that much of a diffrence? it didnt happen gradually it just happened over night. anyone got any ideas? the filter may have gotten wet to and i know paper filter mixed with water = bad

·
Registered
23 Posts
try changing your plugs as well that might help although 23 to 25 is what I get around town so that is not bad. I only have 7000 miles on my car but I have a MS1 I still get 27 on the highway. K&N Is also a good idea you can't go wrong with K&N. Good luck :beerchug:

·
Registered
338 Posts
after i bought my ms1 i was getting about 27mpg around town..now for some reason i have to really try to get over 23. i feel embarrassed to say this but im at 29k miles and havent replaced my air filter..i have bown it out a few times but havent replaced it. im getting a k&n this weekend hopefully. but could this cause that much of a diffrence? it didnt happen gradually it just happened over night. anyone got any ideas? the filter may have gotten wet to and i know paper filter mixed with water = bad
Sounds like you need to go back to the basics.... plugs, gas, tire pressure etc. Do you drive more "aggressively" with the improved throttle response? I know I saw better gas mileage with the ms1 but it wasnt real pronounced. I could only get about 25 mpg driving back and forth to work with traffic.

What type of driving was it? The EVIC might be a bit generous in its estimation so maybe you should calculate it for a more precise figure.

·
Registered
162 Posts
remove right foot from floor. second thought :twak: , disregard first thought :beerchug:

·
Registered
401 Posts
wow 27mpg in town i see 28 on highway and 23 in city.. your town only have 1 stop light?? Then again i never drive in a fuel saving mode

·
Registered
266 Posts
a bad o2 sensor could also cause a decrease in fuel milelage, but I doubt that is your problem. There is multiple things that could cause this, air temp, low tire pressure, dirty airfilter, bad gas, etc. do you get a carbon build up on your rear bumper?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
i lost mpg as well, i was getting 25-26 in town and now steadily falling. im down to 21.4 at the moment.
and as csrt4 407 said, it happened over night.

could it be from colder weather?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i lost mpg as well, i was getting 25-26 in town and now steadily falling. im down to 21.4 at the moment.
and as csrt4 407 said, it happened over night.

could it be from colder weather?

wow that is soo weird..
my thing says 21.4 to lol

Ya idk about the weather cause im in FL and its steady hot here. maybe my filter with some bad gas. i will find out when i swap my filter and fill my tank up today

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got new filter..seemed to be working at first but not so much anymore.

One of the things i should have added to my OP is that i am still on stock plugs with ms1. i didnt upgrade to the step colder yet.

could the upping of the boost have fouled my plugs and im not getting sufficent spark anymore?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts