Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I was really excited about the Caliber and was seriously considering one this fall. However my 2001 PT Cruiser with 103,000 miles started making strange chirping sounds from the transmission and I had to get rid of it. Wasn't going to spend 2000 for a new trans on a car with 100,000 miles on it. First Chrysler I have ever had with trans problems. Dad is retired from Chrysler and have owned them for 35 years with zero trans issues.

Sorry guys-I drove a base Caliber and a SXT Caliber and found it kind of loud and slow. The 2006 PT is so quiet and vibration free compared to the Caliber that I could not go with the Caliber- plus after my dad's discount I got the PT for 2 grand less than a Caliber with similar equipment. Caliber is a nice car and hope everyone enjoy's it. IMHO the PT Base with auto/air is the best bargin out there. I can't think of any car out there could have offered the refinement the PT has for $13,000.00. Kind of disappointed the Caliber really didn't fit my needs right now. I couidn't wait to order one and needed a car right now, the PT was the best value for me.

Everyone enjoy the Calibers- maybe I will be back here someday,

Scott

·
Registered
384 Posts
That is bad news. Sorry you can't get a Caliber but I'm sure you'll enjoy your PT. :)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Not to sure what you mean about vibrations in the Caliber?

But I know alot of people with PT's and they seem to serve them well. I have never driven one, but they look to be a pretty cool car. Aren't they revamping them for 2007/2008? Good luck with the PT, you should get what you enjoy anyway.

Maybe like Katie said, there may be a Caliber for you in the future. All cars get better in time (I love the Caliber, but I hope they do fix the 0-20MPG acceleration in the near future)

Peace...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Peace dude, I hope to see you again. :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Not to sure what you mean about vibrations in the Caliber?
Perhaps the PT Cruiser has mushy-suspension. There is no abnormal vibration with the Caliber, it's just fine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
skoprowski said:
Sorry guys-I drove a base Caliber and a SXT Caliber and found it kind of loud and slow.

Wow, I'm surprised. I've had my Caliber for about 2 1/2 weeks now. I've found it to be extremely quiet, and vibration free. A couple of times I couldn't tell if my engine was on or not, and I put it in reverse, and started rolling backwards!!! lol. It accelerates smoothly, and hits speeds so quickly and effortlessly that I really have to watch my speedometer. I've only had rides this smooth in V8's before. But if the PT's for you, that's what matters. You're still family :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree fully! I won't stoop to the same level and dis the PT Cruiser...............The PT Cruiser Sucks.....oops:eek: ... I guess i did:cool: !

·
Registered
343 Posts
umf said:
I agree fully! I won't stoop to the same level and dis the PT Cruiser...............The PT Cruiser Sucks.....oops:eek: ... I guess i did:cool: !
The PT doesn't suck...it just has dated looks and a VERY soft ride.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
This thread has no point....

·
Registered
182 Posts
Ramsport47 said:
The PT doesn't suck...it just has dated looks and a VERY soft ride.
I know :) . Just proving a point that a comment against a car in the cars forum is kind of pointless. If you have one, then you can have the right to say whatever you want. But if you do not, and only drove a demo....which could have problems...it happens....a solid opinion can not be made in 20 miles of driving it! No disrespect meant :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts