Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm now an official "I've got a problem" member..:mad:

Today it rained pretty good here. My wife was driving home from work and all of a sudden water came streaming out of the interior light (where sunroof switches are).(and yes, the sunroof was closed in both directions)

So...It has to be the sunroof has a bad seal. Pretty lame though considering it's a brand new car. Not happy, but it could be worse.

My only concern now is #1..The water traveled through the headliner to get there, so is it gonna seep through and stain. And #2..Mold.:mad:

On a side note...Does anyone know what the switches on the rearview mirror do??(non blue-tooth)

My manual doesn't have the same mirror that I have and there is a green light that comes on when I start it, so I press the button and it goes off, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it does...Anyone know what I mean?

·
Registered
357 Posts
isn't it an autodimming rearview? maybe it's an indicator light and that's a cancel button to defeat the function? as far as the leak, sounds like a drain tube is blocked or not hooked up. good luck at dealer service, I hope they can resolve the issues satisfactorily.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yep, it's the autodimming rearview mirror actuator. The best time to observe its function is at night with headlights behind you. Press the OFF switch and those headlights behind you get bright to the point of annoyance. Press the switch back on, and WA-LA (sp), the bright headlights in the mirror are diminished in brightness with a slight blue tone. Works great.

That headliner problem sounds like something the dealership ought to replace out-right along with fixing the seal problem. Eventually, you have that wet carpet-like smell that will especially reappear on hot-sunny days.

Tyke

Reactions: SRT4SMACK
1 - 3 of 3 Posts