Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I am really tempted to use the "Ask seller a question" feature on the auction - and ask if the exhaust "pings", Chill Zone vent won't latch, center console arm rest moves on it's own, real window washer leaks, etc...

If so - I don't want it! :rolleyes: ;) :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Serantos said:
Man... Looks like the crumple zones worked well though.
We don't know that. It looks like a roll-over. On the plus side, we know the roof won't collapse in a roll-over.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The part that scares me is ... what happened to the windshield? Obviously it broke, but I hope the urethane didn't let loose from the pinchweld and eject itself during the rollover. Windshields provide about 25% of the roof strength during a rollover. A windshield not installed correctly will peel itself away from the pinchweld and bye bye. Windshields are also designed to keep objects out of the cockpit and cockpit objects (humanoids) inside the cockpit. It is odd the the whole W/S is gone. I can understand the door glass - tempered and shatters.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks to me that the windshield is still there and just damaged and they probably covered it to keep water out. If you look at the rear view it appears you can see the glass that's broken but still there.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Amandyke said:
The windshield was probobly removed as it was destroyed in the roll over. No sense in leaving it in there right?
Have you ever removed a windshield and the urethane? Not very easy task to do, unless you cut it out with a cutting tool.

Taking a second look (thanks to the previous poster) the WS does look like it is still there by looking through the backglass hole.

·
Registered
135 Posts
karenh56 said:
Windshields are also designed to keep objects out of the cockpit and cockpit objects (humanoids) inside the cockpit.
Windshields are not designed to keep people inside the cockpit, seat belts are.

·
Registered
901 Posts
evalentin said:
wish i had the money for it, get it at half price or less and fix it up, sell it and I'm sure you'ld make good profit off it.
yeah but I wouldn't want "salvage" on a title for a car with <4000 miles on it.
Doesn't that mean the car was totalled? Could there be more damage to it than meets the eye?

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
:eek:Wow, a moment of scilence for the Caliber in those pictures!:(:(

Well, looks like it held up great!:):D:cool:

I am curious on how that happened...hmmmm

·
Registered
129 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
yeah but I wouldn't want "salvage" on a title for a car with <4000 miles on it.
Doesn't that mean the car was totalled? Could there be more damage to it than meets the eye?
That's what I'm thinking.

THIS CAR HAS GOOD AIRBAGS AND RUNS AND LOT DRIVES. ALL COOLANT IS GOOD AND THE AIR CONDITIONING IS COLD.
I don't quite understand this. "The car has good airbags". Did they deploy during the accident? Or does he mean that it HAD good airbags?

What does "runs and lot drives" mean? It's only good for driving in lots? I knew someone who had a car like that. It was stuck in first gear, so it couldn't move too fast. He kept it to shuttle stuff around the jobsite.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Per the owners manual, the air bags are not intended to deploy during a rollover.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts