Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as most of you know I've had a few probs with my caliber, some serious some not so serious. Here is what I took her in for:

1)The caliber click
2)Rear winshield washer leaking
3)4 times when making a right turn the vehicle completely shut off
4)Rattles coming from doors when windows are rolled up
5)When hard accelerating from a dead stop the rpm's get stuck at 2500 until you release the pedal and push it down again
6)Vehicle pulls to the right
7)Rattle from engine compartment when hitting 5700-6000rpm

After bieng in service for 2 days here is what I got back just now when I picked up my car

1)Caliber click: Was told there is no TSB for the issue, print out sheet says they retorqued head pipe and exhaust clamp and checked the hangers, but the cali click is stronger than ever now

2)Leaky rear nozzle: Was told that it is normal operation because the water hose is situated higher than the nozzle.. still leaks

3)Right hand turn: They have no clue as to what is causing it. Applied a ECU flash and reprogrammed the controller (this is the flash that fixed spark knock for some people, so if you have knock go get yours flashed). I will have to see if it still happens.. did not happen on the drive home

4)Windows: Fixed rattles in the rear windows by repairing the regulator mounts and lubing it up, parts for the front windows are still on order so it was not completed

5)Rpm's getting stuck: This issue seems to be taken care of via the ecu and controller flash they did to try and fix the stalling.

6)Pulling to the right: After 2 times of me telling them to take it on the highway and do 100kmh instead of 50kmh they did and found the toe in on the right side needed to be adjusted 3/32 nds.. problem is now fixed

7)Rattling at high rpm: they could not replicate the issue so it was not looked into.. I did not hear the noise on the way home though so it must have taken care of itself.

All in all I'm happy that most of my probs got fixed but that damn caliber click is going to plauge me forever.. I thought everyone here said there was a TSB out about that issue, and that to fix it they replaced the exhaust system?. Now because I'm in canada could that change things for me, or should I goto another dodge dealership and see what they have to say?.

Edit: After a longer drive, they did not fix the rpm's getting stuck at 2500 nor did they fix my alignment.. what a crock of horsehit (pardon my language). Do they try to go out of the way to make you not wanna go back to a dodge once your contract is up?.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Go to another dealership the exhaust problem Chrysler knows about and the fix is to change the exhaust The stalling I don't know. The pulling I have read
somewhere don't remember where may have to do with torque steer so the missalign a little to compensate

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
12am said:
All in all I'm happy that most of my probs got fixed but that damn caliber click is going to plauge me forever.. I thought everyone here said there was a TSB out about that issue, and that to fix it they replaced the exhaust system?. Now because I'm in canada could that change things for me, or should I goto another dodge dealership and see what they have to say?.

Edit: After a longer drive, they did not fix the rpm's getting stuck at 2500 nor did they fix my alignment.. what a crock of horsehit (pardon my language). Do they try to go out of the way to make you not wanna go back to a dodge once your contract is up?.
That dealer sounds like it's full of a bunch lazy, good-for-nothings.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
funny thing is they are a 5 star dealership.. when they send me the satisfaction survey I'mma rate them a big fat zero.

·
Banned
554 Posts
That's BS! Sounds like a terrible dealership. Take it to another.

"Caliber Click" - Bridge City in Lethbridge, AB, Canada, checked for TSBS and found related condition.

My print out...... Performed TSB, replaced muffler/resonator assembly. Road tested and inspected after repairs. All is good now.

I could take a pic of the print out for ya, and you could show your dealer. That would be fun eh. Lemme know. Good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you know that would be absolutely great!.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol,

I'm sure thats gonna give the dealer a heckuva time dealing with him now, how can you tell a guy there's no way to fix it with proof in front of you? Its odd, my caliber that I just got this week has had none of the problems you guys have been listing! Perhaps they fixed them all already?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
awesome man just awesome, I'm gonna print that out and take it in to the dealership to shove it in thier faces... then I'm gonna goto another dealer to get the issue fixed.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
new stuff just keeps coming out of the woodwork now.. they messed up my passenger window control button.. it gets stuck when pressing it down.. also the locks don't engage at 15km/h like they used to.. and I have a new door rattle that never happened before I took it in... I'mma be sure to take it to that dealership.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Eastside Dodge in Calgary AB, Canada

·
Registered
40 Posts
12am said:
also the locks don't engage at 15km/h like they used to.
If you had the computer reflashed, you probably need to turn that function back on in the driver information center thingy. Hold in the left-hand button in the instrument cluster till the settings screen comes up then blip it till you find the screwed up setting ,then change it... it's all in your owners' manual.

I hope at least this helps some!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for the info...Im going to print this out and take it into my dealer as well. Trying to get as much info from here as I can to show them. No one believes me that this exhaust issue is a big deal, but it is

·
Registered
197 Posts
also...has your car cut off on you since the reflash?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea the car still cuts out at random intervals.. was showing it off to some folks, took a right turn and bleh.. car died.. what a fine showing that was :( .

·
Registered
171 Posts
See the problem today is the "mechanics" at the dealerships arent really mechanics they just pull codes go to the code book and see what it says to replace and then they replace it! Seems like theydont think anymore!! I had problems with my 300 took it up and they were like well theres no codes!!! I went ballistic on them!!! They also said the didnt feel the vibration but they only went 40mph I told them I didnt feel it until 65mph and higher when I turned the car into them it said it right on the paper work yet I guess they didnt bother to read it. But after my tyrade (sp) it got my issue fixed! of course when the survey came I gave them a crappy review cause they cant read. They only seem to actually do something if you put up a stink about it! One the other hand when I had my saturn the dealership was great!

If it only happens when you turn right you may have a pinched wire somewhere that when you turn at a certain speed the wire moves and gets grounded causing the car to die. Heck it could be anything. Intermittent problems suck cause they never seem to happen when you take it to the shop or the dealer. I would take the car to another dealer. Then hope and pray that it happens when they drive it of course though they will probably only take left turns!! lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts