Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my picture of my Dodge Caliber RT before and after tint. still waiting for aftermarket grill. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
Oh yeah. The tint really does the trick. Lookin good. I am so overwhelmed with things to buy that I dont know what to get! I want a tint, but would rather do some performance based mods. Not sure where to really start, or if I will at all. (Going to school this fall and will part with the car)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
RT_Caliber said:
Here is my picture of my Dodge Caliber RT before and after tint. still waiting for aftermarket grill. :)
Awesome RT_Caliber! The tint with the blackout tape really looks good!

Post when you get the grille too!:)

·
Registered
311 Posts
RT_Caliber said:
Here is my picture of my Dodge Caliber RT before and after tint. :)
Looks GREAT!

Tyke

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried doing it myself first but I could not get it close to the edge of the windows. So I got it done professionally. They did a great job. I looked for precut kits but did not find one. Cost $200 with 50% front and 35% back windows. I should have done 20% on the back. :cool: O well it still looks cool!!! and it keep it cool inside. I live in NJ and I did not want the front to be to dark and it is illegal to tint your front windows in NJ but several of my friends has their cars tinted with light tint for years and never got a ticket. Did not want to push my luck with a darker tint :)

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
katiescaliber said:
So the lower the %, the more tint you get?

Is that how it works?
Sometimes Katie, this he seemed to get the amount of light to enter...50% must enter the front and only 35% of light must enter the rear.

So in this case yes the lower the darker the tint!:D;)

Check local laws as they are all different!

·
Banned
400 Posts
RT_Caliber said:
I tried doing it myself first but I could not get it close to the edge of the windows. So I got it done professionally. They did a great job. I looked for precut kits but did not find one. Cost $200 with 50% front and 35% back windows. I should have done 20% on the back. :cool: O well it still looks cool!!! and it keep it cool inside. I live in NJ and I did not want the front to be to dark and it is illegal to tint your front windows in NJ but several of my friends has their cars tinted with light tint for years and never got a ticket. Did not want to push my luck with a darker tint :)
looks very good man! but $200.00? I mean, I'm not cheap or anything :rolleyes:, but... I could get the same thing for $125.00 in NYC.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WHAT??? :confused: $125??? Thats a great deal....I went to 8 custom car installer and I was getting $250 to $325. I wish I knew about that...Not so familiar with NYC.:( Next time....

·
Registered
377 Posts
I know most places I know in Ontario ar about $200 CAN. There are guys that will do it cheaper, but I prefer somewhere that gives a warranty.

Last time I looked into it Ontario can have 35% on the Drivers Side, 20% on the Passenger, and 5% anywhere else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
RT_Caliber, I am considering getting tints done this weekend. I have the same silver color as you ;). In any case, I was wondering if I could trouble you for a couple more pictures of your tint job. I am torn between 35% all the way around or 50%.

I don't want to go 'too dark' (some forum members here are gonna be saying "there's no such thing as too dark!!!"), but I still want to make it noticable.

In any case, I was hoping that maybe you might be able to help me out on this one. Thank you so much! Have a good one!!!

-- Devsforev

·
Registered
259 Posts
Devsforev said:
RT_Caliber, I am considering getting tints done this weekend. I have the same silver color as you ;). In any case, I was wondering if I could trouble you for a couple more pictures of your tint job. I am torn between 35% all the way around or 50%.

I don't want to go 'too dark' (some forum members here are gonna be saying "there's no such thing as too dark!!!"), but I still want to make it noticable.

In any case, I was hoping that maybe you might be able to help me out on this one. Thank you so much! Have a good one!!!

-- Devsforev
Devsforev,

Until RT_Caliber posts more pics check out my thread regarding pinstripes... http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443 I have several pictures of my car and you can see the tint from different angles. I went 50 on the front doors, 35 on the rear doors, and 20 on the 3 back windows.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Devsforev, Here you go. I think 50% front and 35% back is the best way to go. Cops wont give you a hard time. 50% some time looks like no tint at all. Some night shots pictures. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thank you SOOO much mistermario and RT_Caliber! I am probably going to scheudle my tints to get done next Saturday. Thank you very much RT for taking a few more photos! I really like your 50/35 split... I'm debating with myself wether I should do 50 all the way around or go for a similar scheme you have.

Thanks again, and have a good one!!

-- Devsforev

·
Registered
38 Posts
It sucks that New York has such a lame tinting policy... one of the strictest in the states: 70% light must enter front AND back windows. I am hoping that I will be able to get away with these sort of tints.

It baffles me though. I see stock SUV's all over town with pre-tinted windows. I could eyeball them and guess that many of them are at least 40%. Makes me wonder if the tint laws in the state are strictly enforced, and if I could get away with 50/35s's...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts