Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the current interest rate like on Calibers for 72 months? I'm thinking about taking the plunge real soon. Here's what I've got configured: Sunburst Orange, SXT Sport, 2.0L CVT, heated seats, optional airbags, Musicgate, Driver convenience group, Bluetooth,
Daytime running lamps, ESP, and Exterior Effects Package. Possibly adding a sunroof as well. With my interest rate set at 7.9% I come out around 325 for everything (excluding the sunroof option) with a 2k down payment. Sunroof makes it a little more. 341 I want to say. How well do you guys like the 2.0Ls with CVTs? My dad was talking to me the other day about it, and said "Why'd you choose that small an engine???" :D I also HATE my Jeep 2.5L, so I am a little leery of the 2.0L anything. Are there any performance mods headed out in the future for the 2.0s?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Why not go for the R/T? with your options its less than $1000 more and you get a few more standard features and the larger engine. Cant really say much for interest rate as it depends on your credit score and who you finance through.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Interest rates are really tough to pin down, everyone will be different. But you really should check into the R/T for what you want.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I've looked at the specs of a 2.0L vs my 2.5L and there shouldn't be any comparison. From what I've seen of 2.4L reviews, I've heard there are times it can sound well, "like a box of rocks" and such. I'm wanting to keep my MPGs somewhat decent, my Jeep gets somewhere between 16 and 20 right now on average, I have to fill up at 266 miles or else. (Fuel gauge is not the most reliable thing in the world.) What you guys were talking about on an R/T, would that be an R/T FWD or AWD?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You can spec out a FWD R/T with your similar options for about $800 over the SXT and more features. The 2.4 actual milage is very close to the 2.0 and the extra power is definetly noticable. As for quality they are nearly the same engine. Pinging issues are not isolated to the 2.4L as well as the exhuast popping noises you may have read about. Not to mention you get the larger wheels/4 wheel disk brakes standard.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is with an auto correct? I'm tired of a stick on day to day basis in traffic. (Not that I'd have an automatic Jeep mind you)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Oh yeah, are the orange seat inserts still available on the Sport and RTs? I've got sunburst orange pearl selected, but there's not an orange seat insert box down at the bottom like the red or blue ones...
edit: Can someone post their mileage on a 2.4L FWD CVT and somebody else their 2.0L CVT? there's a less than $20 per month difference right now... (without adding a sunroof to a R/T that is)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Not sure about the inserts. We have them, had the R/T since March 3rd of last year. R/T released in March.

Mileage always dead on at 26 mpg, but we seem to not be the norm. Most other AWD's are getting a little bit less. Car not driven lightly and still going strong at 20000 miles. AWD is awesome in the snow, we had a big storm last Wed. and the Cali AWD had NO troubles at all in unplowed territory.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In Alabama, I dont really have that much of a problem with snow... :D We MIGHT get a light dusting once every 2-3 years. Blizzard from hell every 10 or so, its odd like that. But that's what my Wrangler is for! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts