Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the latest news on the July shutdown?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Won't be one I believe

·
Registered
377 Posts
It was posted previously that because they already shutdown to get ready for the Caliber, that there will not be another shutdown.

This was confirmed by DodgeInfoCenter a week or two ago.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tigerr said:
It was posted previously that because they already shutdown to get ready for the Caliber, that there will not be another shutdown.

This was confirmed by DodgeInfoCenter a week or two ago.
I hope that's true.

Thanks for the update

·
Registered
911 Posts
There was a rumor going around that the Caliber plant was going to close down for a summer break for 5-weeks in July, but its just not true. The dude here at the Dodge Info Center has confirmed this.

It really makes no sense at all since the Compass is going to start production in the next week or two with the 3rd shift. Why produce a vehicle for a week and then go on break for 5 weeks.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
orangecalibersxt said:
It really makes no sense at all since the Compass is going to start production in the next week or two with the 3rd shift. Why produce a vehicle for a week and then go on break for 5 weeks.
Sounds logical to me...but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
683 Posts
My dealer said they can't get any Calibers because of the shutdown to retool for the 2007 model year (current model is 2006.5 but listed publicly as 2007). According to them it is a planned downtime the factory does every year.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Huff said:
My dealer said they can't get any Calibers because of the shutdown to retool for the 2007 model year (current model is 2006.5 but listed publicly as 2007). According to them it is a planned downtime the factory does every year.
A dealer in Allentown, PA said the same thing to me yesterday. That's why I posted the question today, hoping the people on this forum had better info or at least info I want to hear.

·
Registered
911 Posts
They've already started making 2007 Calibers. Everyone who is getting a Caliber is now getting a 2007 model. So the people who recently received their Caliber have a 2007 model, not 2006.5.

I've heard that Dodge has stopped taking customer custom orders right now, but not because of a shutdown.

I would recommend that nobody order a Caliber right now anyways unless you want to do a lot of waiting. If you order one now, you won't get it until late September at the earliest. If you do happen to get it sooner, consider yourself very lucky.

·
Registered
245 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
They've already started making 2007 Calibers. Everyone who is getting a Caliber is now getting a 2007 model. So the people who recently received their Caliber have a 2007 model, not 2006.5.

I've heard that Dodge has stopped taking customer custom orders right now, but not because of a shutdown.

I would recommend that nobody order a Caliber right now anyways unless you want to do a lot of waiting. If you order one now, you won't get it until late September at the earliest. If you do happen to get it sooner, consider yourself very lucky.
Not true, all explained here:
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15525&postcount=6

Now it is typical for the shut down to occur at every other facility. I would simply chalk it up to dealerships simply not being informed properly and using a blanket generalization.

Dan

·
Registered
911 Posts
And your post doesn't say anything different from mine. Exception of maybe Dodge has stopped taking orders. I don't see your point there.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
901 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
And your post doesn't say anything different from mine. Exception of maybe Dodge has stopped taking orders. I don't see your point there.... :rolleyes:
IMHO, the point is, some people just don't believe things unless they come from an "official" DCX source. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and a lot of new/newer members who don't yet know which members have accurate info.
Don't take it personally!

·
Registered
245 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
IMHO, the point is, some people just don't believe things unless they come from an "official" DCX source. There is a lot of misinformation out there, and a lot of new/newer members who don't yet know which members have accurate info.
Exactly, I re-linked the original post for the new members who might not have seen it. Our whole mission is to provide information and clarify confusion where we can, that was meant to provide a rational explanation to those who had questions.

Alas this question will come up again in the future, I guarentee it.

Dan

·
Registered
911 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
I wouldn't even believe an "offical" DCX source. I and so many others here have been lied to so many times its not even funny.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Ok, sorry to bump this topic up AGAIN, but as much as I hate the Dodge Info Center, I decided to give them a call and they said that the plant is currently shutdown. My vehicle was originally scheduled to be built this week, but because of the plant shutdown, it could be another week or 2. Sounds like the plant is indeed shut down for scheduled maintenance for about 2 weeks.

I know the Dodge Info Center dude here said that its NOT going to be shut down, but I've been told different my an "official" DCX person.

·
Registered
115 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Ok, sorry to bump this topic up AGAIN, but as much as I hate the Dodge Info Center, I decided to give them a call and they said that the plant is currently shutdown. My vehicle was originally scheduled to be built this week, but because of the plant shutdown, it could be another week or 2. Sounds like the plant is indeed shut down for scheduled maintenance for about 2 weeks.

I know the Dodge Info Center dude here said that its NOT going to be shut down, but I've been told different my an "official" DCX person.
come on wtf, I really hope you got another person who doesn't know what they are talking about, but I do find it hard to beleiver you could misunderstand that kind of message.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well I've been told for about 2 weeks that my Caliber was scheduled to be built this week. Well this week has come and gone and its STILL not in D1 status yet.

I can call them back later on and see if someone else says the same thing.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The Plant was only shut down for the July 4th holiday weekend.
They ran two 10 hour shifts yesterday shift 1 built 545 vehicles.
The Third shift is to start the week of the 24th.

·
Registered
911 Posts
mealso said:
The Plant was only shut down for the July 4th holiday weekend.
They ran two 10 hour shifts yesterday shift 1 built 545 vehicles.
The Third shift is to start the week of the 24th.
Ok, that makes sense and is totally respectable. The people there work their ass off and deserve those dates off.

Just a question: What makes your information valid and not just an assumption? Was just wondering...don't mean to sound like a dick there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts