Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I spoke with the General Manager of the dealer who sold me my Cali.
(I'm now on week 9) He said he's calling Chrysler today and having my Cali "Red tagged" for a RUSH delivery.

I fell of my chair laughing when he told me this.

He was serious. :eek:

What the "best" crock you got?

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was told that my 15 week wait was due to the plant shutdown they had for two weeks to retool for the Compass.

We all know from other posts that there never was a shutdown.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When i was test driving, and this wasnt at a dodge dealer. I wanted to test drive a mazda3. Well, they had the car on the lot that i wanted just not the color. So they said when they got the color that i wanted in, i could come back to test drive it...

WTF

·
Registered
377 Posts
You mean you DIDN'T know that red cars handle better than blue cars? I thought that was common knowledge.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When considering the caliber against the mazda3, the salesman on the phone ast the mazda dealership siad they only had one with a manual tranny in stock, and I was after an automatic. I've never driven a stick. He said that was no problem, it was an easy stick to drive and he could teach me how to drive one just going around the lot. I refuse to believe that a dealership would allow a driver to "learn" how to drive a stick on their brand new vehicle around their lot full of brand new cars. I wonder what their liability insurance company would say about this.

·
Registered
68 Posts
4 Years ago I leased a new Beetle, when I went into the dealer I told them I had never tried a manual shift transmission but I wanted one. The salesman took me out and taught me on a new car, not even the car I ended up leasing.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Tigerr said:
You mean you DIDN'T know that red cars handle better than blue cars? I thought that was common knowledge.
And, according to many "ricers". more yellow = more performance.

·
Registered
258 Posts
"We're here to help you get the best deal so you don't have to pay more than you have to"

couldn't explain why 2 other dealers had better prices....

·
Registered
361 Posts
The one that stuck with me was that the Caliber is really a Mercedes B-Class with different badges, everything else is the same.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
gsx rated98 said:
When i was test driving, and this wasnt at a dodge dealer. I wanted to test drive a mazda3. Well, they had the car on the lot that i wanted just not the color. So they said when they got the color that i wanted in, i could come back to test drive it...

WTF
That means they thought you most likely had a 0% probability of buying that car regardless of the colour.... age discrimination

·
Registered
198 Posts
Best line? "This is the FAMILY price deal"..

(2 days later, we bought the same car for $800 less elsewhere :( )

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not really a line but its always funny how the price you get is always the best they can do. Then magically the price is dropped 2 or 3 more times before your out the door.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How about... "If we went to dealer auction, this is how much we'd pay for it" Not... this is how much we'll sell it on the lot. LOL

As they offered me $20,000 for my SRT-10!!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
"That's normal" in reply to me telling them about a defect... and "nobody else is having that problem".

·
Registered
203 Posts
In my years of buying cars and dealing with the sales people at dealerships I have had all the "games" run at me... so not really a BS line but two statements that will me make me walk out of a dealership are: "What can we do to sell you this car TODAY" and "This is our best deal if you buy TODAY"... needless to say, I have walked out of a few dealerships over the years as these two phrases are in the Car Salesmen Book of Unoriginal Selling Tatics.

·
Registered
361 Posts
GypsyBill said:
In my years of buying cars and dealing with the sales people at dealerships I have had all the "games" run at me... so not really a BS line but two statements that will me make me walk out of a dealership are: "What can we do to sell you this car TODAY" and "This is our best deal if you buy TODAY"... needless to say, I have walked out of a few dealerships over the years as these two phrases are in the Car Salesmen Book of Unoriginal Selling Tatics.
I've gotten both of them from just about every dealer I went to. One even offered free fabric protection if I bought their only Caliber on the lot that day......But left it there to be test driven while they waited for more to come in...Left it there to be test driven *AND* with NO discount! The fabric guard was the BS, the rest was just stupidity. I drove away as fast as I could.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts