Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys this is my first post and im proud to say i just bought my caliber sxt sport saturday morning. ive been messing around with the stereo a little bit and so far i am amazed by it. i just wanted to know whats the best tuning setup you guys use. right now mines at bass-6 mid-5 treble 7. is this good or should i adjust it a little more?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
ack... i keep mine bass +3 mid 0 and treble +1. I like a mellow soound over tinny sound big time.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Bass maxed out, trebble a couple beloew Bass, and mids a couple below treble. Not sure of exact numbers without running out to the car to look.

·
Registered
614 Posts
bass:+3, mid:0, treb:+3
Fade:rear+2

I find the sound field biased too much to the front and much better balanced with the rear fade adjustment.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
TechMan said:
bass:+3, mid:0, treb:+3
Fade:rear+2

I find the sound field biased too much to the front and much better balanced with the rear fade adjustment.
I definetly agree. The music i listen to also has quite a bit of bass and tends to rattle my mirror and the cargo panel.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think you will find in practice that you'll have to change the settings depending on what audio you are listening to. For my ears, its different if the source is a recently recorded, well-engineered CD, satellite radio, FM, or AM. Even if the source is just Sirius Satellite Radio, the settings are different between music and talk channels. If I leave the settings for music, then there's too much "thumping" on the talk channels when the mic for the person speaking is hit with their breath. What I'm taking a long time to say is that you can't go by one setting, yours or anyone elses. You have to change for your own comfort depending on your source.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I agree, it all depends on your own preferences. But one thing I think we all agree on, is once you have the settings you like, turn the big black knob all the way to the right, cause if the mirrors aint vibrating, it aint loud enough!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
For radio (which is what I listen to 99.9% ofthe time), i have to change the settings based on the station and the music, but for the Rock station I listen to most, and work at, my setting are: Bass +7, Mid -2, Treb +8, Fade R2.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I love good rich bass but I find when I turn the Bass setting up all I get is loud headache causing pulsating THUMP THUMP. Just not into that!! I had the same problem with my Durango until I changed out the factory speakers for some aftermarket. No more THUMP WUMP THUMP. Even though I have the musicgate I tend to think they're still not up to par with some decent aftermarkets. Turning the bass down it sounds pretty darn good.

Also, I changed my stereo out for an REC Navigation. It improved the midrange quite a bit.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Honestly I dont know how you guys dont blow up your drivers maxing out the bass. I suppose it depends on how high the volume is or the type of music plays a role too, but mine is at 0 for the bass and it has plenty of bass to go around. Treble is at 4 or 5 and mid is at 0. Don't be surprised when you blow the speakers up!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Still messing around with ours, but putting the fade to the rear is a must. We thought the rear speakers werent working before moving it to +3 to the rear.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
EXcaliber said:
Honestly I dont know how you guys dont blow up your drivers maxing out the bass. I suppose it depends on how high the volume is or the type of music plays a role too, but mine is at 0 for the bass and it has plenty of bass to go around. Treble is at 4 or 5 and mid is at 0. Don't be surprised when you blow the speakers up!
Can't go much over 20 on the volume with the bass all the way up on mine. But at 20, even with the windows down, it is plenty loud. Havn't touched the fade setting. Have the little one sitting in the back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts