Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did lots of checking around to install an REC Navigation stereo in the Caliber. The colored bezels are listed in the Caliber Accessory catalog that dealers have. However, they come up in the system as being for export only. Dealers in the USA cannot order them easily. I found one dealer that said he'd take the time to get it (involves calling DCX) but found none anywhere in the USA. They don't exist.

The only exception is that the Satin Silver REC bezel is available. I ordered one and may use it as is or possibly paint it marine blue to match my interior. Not sure if I'll like the silver bezel or not. Will see.

I'll post pics of installation when I get the bezel and mounting bracket.

·
Registered
83 Posts
how much do you pay for it?

in austria i am able to order one, but they are out of stock and it costs 120€... not quite what i expected for a plastic-part.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt very highly that dealer actually has them. Many places list them but when I've called they find the same thing I already have. The number is for export only and can't be ordered. They have none in stock.

I believe there is a mess up in DCX's catalog that is causing the trouble. I called United Radio who called DCX direct and gave me the part number 82210577 for a Marine Blue REC bezel. I'd like to be able to confirm thats a valid number prior to ordering since returns on special orders are not allowed.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thrhymes said:
how much do you pay for it?

in austria i am able to order one, but they are out of stock and it costs 120€... not quite what i expected for a plastic-part.
Yikes! 120Eur = $149USD. In the USA the bezel is $74USD = 59Eur. Don't know how much shipping is to Austria.

My dealer went ahead and ordered part number 82210577 which I am told is the correct number for a Marine Blue REC bezel. His computer only gave the description of "Bezel" so will have to see what shows up. If its the right part I'll have the Silver bezel left over although I think the dealer will take it back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts