86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know exactly what BG status is and how long until there will be a VIN
assigned in that status? Waiting sucks!:(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yes, waiting sucks bad.:rolleyes:
BG status means that your order has passed edit. This means that all of the options you chose are available on the model you chose. Ex-> you can't get AWD on the SXT...
It should be about 3 weeks from the time of order until you get a VIN number. I ordered 4/13 and got my VIN on 5/5. Good luck!! :)

·
Registered
384 Posts
I ordered my car on 4/19 and got a VIN on 5/4

But getting a VIN doesn't speed things up very much ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. I guess I have to accept the fact that I will probably be
waiting a loooong time. Bleh!!

·
Registered
689 Posts
FlyingTurd said:
Anyone know exactly what BG status is and how long until there will be a VIN
assigned in that status? Waiting sucks!:(
Chrysler is really messing up sales, makes you wonder who is in charge. They intend for the Caliber to be World Wide, so they have to make world Calibers there, sales are going through the roof, so they add a third shift, but is that shift going to be making Calibers to get out the sold orders, NO, they add it to make the Jeep Compass, which will slow making Calibers.

Its just plain dumb planning and stupid management.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ejfb said:
Chrysler is really messing up sales, makes you wonder who is in charge. They intend for the Caliber to be World Wide, so they have to make world Calibers there, sales are going through the roof, so they add a third shift, but is that shift going to be making Calibers to get out the sold orders, NO, they add it to make the Jeep Compass, which will slow making Calibers.

Its just plain dumb planning and stupid management.
Interesting. Not a good launch for Dodge. This is going to turn off many prospective
buyers for sure. One shift for a car that is replacing another AND a world car to boot
is piss poor. Could Dodge have possibly underestimated initial sales numbers?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yes they are turning off prospective buyers. Several people on this board and others have said they went to the Matrix/Vibe because they couldn't wait....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have thought about the Vibe/Matrix. The only thing stopping me is the MusicGate.
I MUST have it. What you get for the price is insane.

·
Registered
384 Posts
FlyingTurd said:
I have thought about the Vibe/Matrix. The only thing stopping me is the MusicGate.
I MUST have it. What you get for the price is insane.
I agree!!!! :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
WE've done this... if anything, it is props to Dodge for making a car that is so wanted!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts