Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After work today, I decided to wash and wax the Caliber. After I had finished the wash, I started drying the car. I started with the roof, moved down to the hood and started working my way around the car in a clockwise direction from the front, then the passenger side, and on around. As I made my way up the driver's side, I discovered a very large deposit of bird $#!+ all over the driver's door. It look as if a freaking ostrich had taken a crap on my car. That was so upsetting after all of the careful washing I had just done.

After the wash, I started waxing the car. As I'm wiping the wax off of the hood, I noticed something strange about the hood. The paint looked as if it was "patchy". There were subtle, yet distinct patched of darker color and lighter color. I thought maybe the wax wasn't even, so I started buffing with a soft cloth more vigorously. The only progress I seemed to make was to redistribute the splotches. Each time I would go over an area, the dark and light splotches would seem to be in different places. I spent about a half hour on just the hood trying to get the color to even out. After I had almost worn my arms out, I figured out what it was that was happening. I was seeing the contrasting light and dark reflections of the partly cloudy/clear sky reflecting in the paint. It wasn't the paint or wax after all, it was ligher colored clouds and darker blue sky. The confusion was probably enhanced by the color blue of the car. I sure felt like an idiot after that.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
LOL, that's pretty funny, trying to wax off clouds. hehe I hate birds to. One day I washed my truck, then ran to Pep Boys right quick. As I was sitting at a stop light, a bird flew over a took a huge crap that landed right on the roof of my truck above my head. I swear the sound echoed inside the truck it was so loud. No trees around and the power linesw ere on the other side of the road. The bird was just flying.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Michael K. said:
After work today, I decided to wash and wax the Caliber. After I had finished the wash, I started drying the car. I started with the roof, moved down to the hood and started working my way around the car in a clockwise direction from the front, then the passenger side, and on around. As I made my way up the driver's side, I discovered a very large deposit of bird $#!+ all over the driver's door. It look as if a freaking ostrich had taken a crap on my car. That was so upsetting after all of the careful washing I had just done.

After the wash, I started waxing the car. As I'm wiping the wax off of the hood, I noticed something strange about the hood. The paint looked as if it was "patchy". There were subtle, yet distinct patched of darker color and lighter color. I thought maybe the wax wasn't even, so I started buffing with a soft cloth more vigorously. The only progress I seemed to make was to redistribute the splotches. Each time I would go over an area, the dark and light splotches would seem to be in different places. I spent about a half hour on just the hood trying to get the color to even out. After I had almost worn my arms out, I figured out what it was that was happening. I was seeing the contrasting light and dark reflections of the partly cloudy/clear sky reflecting in the paint. It wasn't the paint or wax after all, it was ligher colored clouds and darker blue sky. The confusion was probably enhanced by the color blue of the car. I sure felt like an idiot after that.
you are so funny my Queston?? dit the clouds came of??:p

·
Registered
175 Posts
I hate birds to, I wish I can take a **** on them, see how they feel about it.... Anyways I bet your hood is glossy as hell now.

I took my car in at Texas Shine Car Wash, 50 bucks Wax-detail-tire shine- everything you can do to make a car look good. As soon as I leave the car wash a shadow came over the area I was at. A flock of birds, next thing you know it **** all over the place. I got home and counted 7 spots of poo, 3 on the hood, and the rest on the roof....

Where is my rifle at !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts