Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my wife spilled an entire 44oz soda in her car (2006 Dodge Stratus). So I need to clean it this weekend. Thank God she wasn't driving my car LOL. On the bright side this gives me a chance to buy a new toy. I'm looking at the Bissell Green Machine. I have good things about it. Has anybody here had any experience with it? Any tips on it's use. If I buy it I'll let you guys know how well it works.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have one of these haven't used in my car yet but I did my sofa using the brush w/o turbo brush(didn't want to damage upholstery) and my rug using turbo brush. On my sofa got coffee out. And vodka and cranberry juice out of my rug(why I got it). Worked on both and the cranberry juice had sat a whole day(couldn't get to store to buy one). Bissell cleaning solution seems best so far. Tried hoover solution not as good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Use water and if necessary for staining, use Shout It Out. Cheaper than official carpet cleaning solutions, and works better!! I use a strong shop vac and a little elbow grease / scrub brush. HTH. L8r.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I have a Bissel spot remover handheld cleaner. Works really well and smaller than the little green machine.

·
Registered
371 Posts
[/quote]On my sofa got coffee out. And vodka and cranberry juice out of my rug(why I got it). Worked on both and the cranberry juice had sat a whole day
See what happens when you drink all day? And by the time you fall over, you've dilluted the cranberry with vodka so much that it's easy to get out! But you don't realize that you've fallen over until the next day when you're hung over drinking coffee on the sofa, see the stain, realize what you did:eek: , and then you spill the coffee!:eek: :eek: Yeah, I watch CSI, and I've got this whole thing figured out. I knew you were a wild one!!!:D :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Get the green machine all the pro detailers use it and it works great!!! Gets out anything! Check out www.autopia.com its a detailing forum!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
:eek: :eek: Yeah, I watch CSI, and I've got this whole thing figured out. I knew you were a wild one!!!:D :D
Fitz...

Yeah, well I knew I should have self edited even more than I did. That night Halloween 2 years ago. I was out with a group and my girlfriend and I who usually can drink 3 vodka crans and barely buzz had to go home after 2 and a half drinks. This girl I've seen drink many men under a table... Not this night and we had the worst hang over in our lives and a rather large cranberry juice stain on my new rug(rental). We were lucky to have good friends to get us home. Should start training though one of the guy friends will be back from Cali this month and I think I've had 1 drink in the last month he's Russian I'm going have to beg him to take it easy on me. As far as wild I use the I'm a Gemini thing to my advantage(never know which Mia you are with). I actually moved to Seattle with the intention of getting my BA and becoming a minister for the United Methodists. We had a very big falling out, and I am now presbyterian and since I don't wear the Sunday School teacher/youth group leader hat for any church the occasional wild night is forgivable eh! Oh and the coffee well I do live in Seattle and we drink so much there are jittery days. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've been looking at these for some time. I wanted one for spot cleaning around the house, but using it in the car is a great idea. I didn't think of that for it. Certainly beats the huge upright steam cleaner I currently have.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have a friend that has one. She got it when she got her puppy. Say no more... I've seen it used a few times, and it works great. Just gonna have to borrow it when the Cali need some cleaning.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Having done a manner of interior repairs, and having used the Bissell LGM (all three versioqns of it), I can offer this:

If you just one a superficial cleaning (not visible to the naked eye), the LGM is a good choice for spot cleaning (although there are better options).

If you want to THOROUGHLY clean the spot to remove EVERYTHING, pick up some thick cotton towels (cotton diapers work excellently), a portable steam cleaner, and a spray can of Scotchguard. The steam will push all of the bad stuff up to the surface of the carpet which can then be dabbed (NOT RUBBED) clean with the towel/diaper. Let it dry thoroughly and then spray it with Scotchguard.

You'd be amazed at how much dirt appears in areas that had already been "cleaned" by machines like the LGM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts