Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I saw a caliber the other day on the street that didn't have those black plastic rails that run from the bottom of the windshield to the rear spoiler. It looked pretty nice, but I can't seem to find any pictures of one, or any info on how they did it. I searched the threads, but came up empty handed. Did they just pull them off? I would love to find a way to take them off or chrome them or something. Any ideas?

·
Registered
567 Posts
whats the point of those gaudy things anyway?

·
Registered
83 Posts
s'pose they are supposed to look good?

no really! chrome would fit so much better!
anyone know any procedure to remove them?

·
Banned
76 Posts
The Caliber's flat-black rails on top aren't part of a roof rack system. Instead, they are trim pieces covering up part of the car's structural design

·
Registered
198 Posts
srtman said:
Rain gutters! Without, rain would wash into the vehicle on a nice rainy day (with the dorr open of course).

We bought a black RT just cause we thought they were almost gawdy on any other vehicle. Not a flame towards anyone's colour choice, just a personal observation.

Yellow looked okay to me. Wifey wanted black.

·
Registered
13 Posts
srtman said:
I read somewhere that since the Caliber is higher than most cars, they added those black stripes to make it look more like a small car than a SUV... The roof seems kinda lower with that...

·
Registered
142 Posts
They added them to look sportier. They make the car look as if it slopes towards the rear but in actuality it doesn't.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I pulled mine up after I read this, and without some extensive body work, you can't take them off and leave them off. I read this first about a week ago, and that was when I looked, but forgot about the thread. They just "snap" or "plug" mabey into holes in the roof, there are other holes, and ugly unfinished body work under there, no one in their right mind would leave exposed, and what I had origonally thought was an ugly weld, but it is soft. Some kinda sealer mabey, but its painted the same color as my car. IDK what it is, but there car would look hidious without those, unless you dropped about $4000 into some body work.

·
Registered
83 Posts
well, i guess, coloring them does not hurt.
i pulled on them and they seem to be a little soft.... what kind of paint would stickt to them and be flexible enouch?

btw.. i would like to paint them black.. but in a shiny glossy black.

·
Registered
567 Posts
wow so i'm glad that we figured out what was under those guady plastic covers is where the side of the car is welded to the roof? thats what i perseve the purpose of those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts