Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the silver R/T with leather, convenience group and security group on March 16…so the wait is on. I haven’t come across this question yet, so I thought I’d post it. Is the black trim as vulnerable to wax as most other cars?
Thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
I don't know about wax. But don't clean your Chrysler's trim with wax. Or even attempt to make it look good with wax. Dish soap and water makes Chrysler's Trim look like no other.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if some of this clear coat wax happens to get on the black plastic trim, it won't mark it all up. That's amazing. It's been a long time since I bought a can of wax, I stopped waxing my 1995 Jeep around six years ago.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
901 Posts
RobMR3 said:
I don't know about wax. But don't clean your Chrysler's trim with wax. Or even attempt to make it look good with wax. Dish soap and water makes Chrysler's Trim look like no other.
hope you meant that in a GOOD way...!!!! :p
cuz dish soap is the last thing you want to wash your car with. its too harsh on the finish.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
R/TOgilvie said:
If you really loved your Cali. maybe a little sented massage oil. :p :rolleyes: :cool: :D
I think our fellow forum member "Bang" has already done that; verifiable by anyone who has seen that photo he posted of him "standing" behind HIS Caliber... :eek: :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
hope you meant that in a GOOD way...!!!! :p
cuz dish soap is the last thing you want to wash your car with. its too harsh on the finish.
My fault. I thought we were talking about interior trim. Not exterior. D-oh! :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts