Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the SXT Sport and R/T package there are two exterior colours which end up giving the buyer a Blue faced interior. One of them is the Steel Ble exterior and im not sure what the other one is but i tthink it might be Marine Blue. I ordered a Steel Blue SXT Sport but to my suprise got a call from the dealer saying that he had made a mistake and the SXT Sport comes in all colours except for Steel Blue and Marine Blue, which means that one cannot get a Blue faced interior anymore. Does anyone have info on this? I live in Toronto, Canada. Has Dodge suspended the production of Blue interiors, perhaps because of the economies of scale, there are 6 exteriors that have red interiors and only 2 that have blue? The dodge websites, .com and .ca both show that a blue interior is available. I ended up getting the steel blue SXT and got the dealer to throw in the Fog lamps and 17" Aluminum wheels that the sport would come with.

Shea

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
From what I've read on here, the Sport package in general has been discontinued.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Steel Blue was never offered with the Sport package, the Marine Blue is available in the Sport, and can be ordered with the Blue insert, also Black and I think a couple of other Sport colors are available with the Blue or Red.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
shea said:
In the SXT Sport and R/T package there are two exterior colours which end up giving the buyer a Blue faced interior. One of them is the Steel Ble exterior and im not sure what the other one is but i tthink it might be Marine Blue. I ordered a Steel Blue SXT Sport but to my suprise got a call from the dealer saying that he had made a mistake and the SXT Sport comes in all colours except for Steel Blue and Marine Blue, which means that one cannot get a Blue faced interior anymore. Does anyone have info on this? I live in Toronto, Canada. Has Dodge suspended the production of Blue interiors, perhaps because of the economies of scale, there are 6 exteriors that have red interiors and only 2 that have blue? The dodge websites, .com and .ca both show that a blue interior is available. I ended up getting the steel blue SXT and got the dealer to throw in the Fog lamps and 17" Aluminum wheels that the sport would come with.

Shea
when i got my steelblue in july i was told that the steelblue has no matching dash or collor inserts and it says so on the dodge website to,only the marine blue has matching seats and dash ,cheers Thomas

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Not sure what country you are from but as of dealership on 1/14/2007 the following is available:

Inferno Red - Red Insert only
Stone White - Blue or Red Insert
Silver - Blue or Red Insert
Marine Blue - Blue Insert only
Sunburst Orange - Orange Insert only
Light khaki - N/A w/ Sport
Steel Blue - N/A w/ Sport
Black - Blue or Red Insert

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
HSKR said:
From what I've read on here, the Sport package in general has been discontinued.
Dodge updated their build and price again! It lists it as "Sport" and now you can build and price a R/T FWD, its about time!:D:D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Can the blue dash inserts be ordered aftermarket? If so, where?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got my Black SXT Sport in October and it has Blue inserts and dash, as requested.

The dealer told me the combo I was after was hard to find, but finding a Steel Blue body colour in October was even more difficult.

Worked out well for me as I have always driven Blue cars in the past so the Black was a welcome change.

I got it tinted two days after I picked it up from the dealers. The car also came with free bug deflector, chrome fuel door and remote start. It was a locate from another dealer north of Toronto. I'm in Niagara Falls and my car has just reached 4000km today! I'm loving it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts