Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
:confused: What the heck is a hood scoop looking thing doing on the roof??
(Front and center, right above the windshield glass.)

(and, what's an extractor?)

(AND...! for those of you who have been here awhile.... notice the post from "BlueFox" in the neons.org thread??? I recognized the avatar first, then looked closer. Guess he's still around but blue now and not silver!)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
Extractors are reversed hood scoops. Instead of ramming air into the engine bay, they create a vacuum and help suck hot air out of the engine bay (They are the two depressions on either side of the scoop in those images. There are supposed to be holes there, but they are closed, meaning that they are fake!).

DodgeGirlKathy said:
It could be a greenhouse vent or pressurization thing of sorts. If I remember correctly a guy I know who has a Mustang 500 GT told me that the greenhouse scoops on the side window-ettes were some kind cabin pressurization thing... or something. It made sure that there was always positive pressure in there... I'm making a wild guess.

·
Registered
728 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
(Front and center, right above the windshield glass.)

(AND...! for those of you who have been here awhile.... notice the post from "BlueFox" in the neons.org thread??? I recognized the avatar first, then looked closer. Guess he's still around but blue now and not silver!)
Appears as though he has given up his Caliber... apparently he has a Ford Taurus now... :eek:

·
Registered
377 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts