Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

I've been hopping around the Dodge sites (.com, .co.uk, .nl etc) and I've noticed differences in specs.

I see that the base model in the states is a SE with 15" wheels for example, while over here in "the old contries" the base model is a S with 17" wheels.

Further, we have a "Euro" antenna, extra indicators in the front wings and I even have a Caliber with NO type code on the boot (It's a SE Euro spec but no SE badge).

Any other differences I've missed out on?

Oh yeah, the radio/CD/Tape player isn't even an option here !!!.

Dave.

·
Registered
901 Posts
From what I've gathered in months on this forum, the differences that have been mentioned (so far) include:

North America (NA) gets 3 trim levels: SE (base), SXT, and R/T.
Actually in the original brochure it implied 4: SE, SXT, SXT Sport, and R/T.

Configuration of the SE and SXT models seems to be different in NA vs Europe. (Europe's SXT seems to be a cross between SXT Sport and R/T.)

Did somebody recently mention leather or suede TRIM on seats in Europe??

Location of the radio antenna.

Blinkers on the right front fenders in Europe, not in North America.

Rear seat headrests in Europe are the same styles as the fronts, plus a 3rd bolster style one in the center. In NA, no 3rd headrest, and the rear headrests are integral to the seats.

On the rear liftgate, seems all countries except US have a "Dodge" badge above the ram's head logo.

Diesel in Europe (not available in NA).

AutoStick with the 2.0L CVT in Europe. (NA gets it only on the 2.4L.)

Folding outside rearview mirrors in Europe. (Are they heated too? NA gets neither option.)

·
Registered
111 Posts
DodgeGirlKathy said:
From what I've gathered in months on this forum, the differences that have been mentioned (so far) include:

Folding outside rearview mirrors in Europe. (Are they heated too? NA gets neither option.)
The mirrors are heated and electronical (SE & SXT).

ESP, BAS, TCS with diesel now and SXT in autumn.

Two color Sport Appearance (red/gray, blue/gray, orangeblast/grey) seats and consols with SXT.

Heated seats with SE and SXT.

These are the finnish models.:) :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's quite a few differences between the continents.

I got the impression that the European SE was closer to the US SXT, having read the US Owners Manual. By the way, my car was delivered WITHOUT the manuals. I'm still waiting for the Dutch translations. Luckily someone helped me out with a US version.

What I did notice was that there seems to be a version in the US without the EVIC and trip counter !!!

Dave.:)

·
Registered
901 Posts
DutchDave said:
...What I did notice was that there seems to be a version in the US without the EVIC and trip counter !!!
The EVIC and trip computer are available only with the optional Drivers Convenience Group.

A trip odometer (two, in fact) should be standard on all models.

·
Registered
160 Posts
DutchDave said:
That's quite a few differences between the continents.

I got the impression that the European SE was closer to the US SXT, having read the US Owners Manual. By the way, my car was delivered WITHOUT the manuals. I'm still waiting for the Dutch translations. Luckily someone helped me out with a US version.

What I did notice was that there seems to be a version in the US without the EVIC and trip counter !!!

Dave.:)
That is what I thought, when reading this thread for the first time - our european SE is pretty close to the NA SXT.

The SE over here in Germany also has the 40/60 divisable rear bench, foldable passenger seat, hight adjustable drivers seat and a trunk cover, which I doubt, the NA SE has!? Oh, and not to forget the 17" steel wheels!
BTW - does the NA SE come with disk breaks at the rear axle? Somebody raised this question on a german Caliber board a few days ago.

The differences between SE and SXT over here are the fog lights and the cruise/speed control, as well as some "higher class" seat fabrics, which I personally won't opt for though (its not the inserts, since they come with the sport pkg).

Additionall diffrences are the standard 17" aluminum wheels (SE = 17" steel), a set of floor mats (wow!) and the single CD radio.

Price difference between the SE and SXT is about $ 1500,--, but there is a design package available for the SE, which includes 17" aluminum, 6CD/MP3 and the floor mats for about $ 930,--.

Makes a difference of almost $ 600 for fog lights and cruise and the option to spend more money on packages that are only available for the SXT version.

An example:

I got myself the SE 2.0CRD ($ 23.500,--) plus design pkg ($ 930). Got the 6CD with the purchase of the design pkg and additionally went with the Boston Acoustics System for about $ 620,--.

Sums up to approx $ 25.550,--

If I had chosen the SXT for $ 25.000,-- I would have had to pay additional $ 2.550,-- for the sport pkg to get the 6CD and Boston Acoustics, which for the SXT only comes with the purchase of this package (or the even more expensive luxury pkg).

Sums up to approx $ 27.550,--

For the $ 2000,-- difference I'd additionally get seat fabrics and coloured inserts, which I both don't really like - 18" aluminum wheels I don't need - the mentioned fog lights and cruise control I don't have any use for either and the option, to spend another $ 1.000,-- for a sun roof, which isn`t available for the SE.
Oh, and not to forget - the de-chromed grille in body colour, which I would have had with my SE anyway :cool:

The only things slightly bothering me, are the unavailable sun roof at my SE and the point that I am not quite sure, if the Boston Acoustics System includes the leather steering wheel with radio controls!?

Am I still on topic here? Not sure, but who cares.......................:rolleyes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Swoop........ Thats a big YES, disc brakes all round are standard on all models in Europe.

The leather steering wheel and radio controls on the wheel are not available on SE models in combination with the MusicGate Power Audio System Package.

BTW....... The S isn't even available here in Holland until, probably, January 2007, according to my dealer.

Dave.

·
Registered
160 Posts
DutchDave said:
Well Swoop........ Thats a big YES, disc brakes all round are standard on all models in Europe.

The leather steering wheel and radio controls on the wheel are not available on SE models in combination with the MusicGate Power Audio System Package.

BTW....... The S isn't even available here in Holland until, probably, January 2007, according to my dealer.

Dave.
Hi Dave!

As for the brakes - I know, that the all around disks are standard in Europe.

But if you go to www.dodge.com and take a look under Caliber/ STD/OPT Equipment/Additional Options, it reads "Anti-lock front disc and rear drum brakes" there as an available option for the SXT in NA :confused:

Lets just wait for one of our american Calibristi who most definitely should be able to clarify this issue.

http://www-5.dodge.com/vehsuite/VehicleCompare.jsp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts