Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not really here for a Caliber question (I'm interested in the Jeep Patriot) but since they both share the same interior, and many other things, I'll ask here.

I guess I would call myself an Audio Enthusiast, I run NAD 2-channel separates, and Klipsch towers at home (high dollar stuff).

So. I'm wondering about this "claimed" 458w 9 speaker Boston Acoustics system. Tell me how does it sound compared to other vehicles you've owned, is it worth the extra money? Is it better then Chrysler's previous optional Infinity Gold systems? (didn't like them)

From my understanding its powered by a digital amplifier, which in my experiences doesn't have the warmth or detail of tubes or good analog SS amplification., but offers a much smaller, lighter, and cooler running package. Typically you only find digital amps these days in cheap home theater in a box systems, or subwoofers.

Do you know what size speakers they are?

·
Registered
153 Posts
For me it is definately worth the extra money. My suggestion would be to purchase this since it has the location for the 10 inch Subwoofer and the speaker locations in the dash and then if you don't like it, replace the components with whatever you like. I don't know if the patriot comes with the musicgate drop down speakers, but even there you can change the speakers out to whatever you want and have a cool setup.

I am happy I purchased it with my Caliber though.

Here is an article about the system.....http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2006/02/14/210701.html

Or http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=115318/pageNumber=2

Good Luck

Mike

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Mt BA system in the Caliber sounds a lot better than the Infinity system I had in my Dakota sounded. Of course, the Caliber comes with a subwoofer, where my Dakota with the Infinity system didn't. It's not as clear of a sound as a custom system, and the sound quality isn't the greatest, but for a factory system, it sounds pretty damn good. If you aren't looking for competition winning sound, I think you will be happy with it. Go to a dealer and see if they have any Calibers, of Jeep Compas' on the lot with the Music gate system and see how they sound. I think you might be surprised.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Best non-exotic factory sound I've heard...period. Great value and tidy integration. DSP is customized to the Caliber dimensions and accoustics. The subwoofer reaches way down for really superior pedal bass response and yet is just an 8". Add in the included steering wheel audio controls, rear musicgate function and I can't see anyone reproducing the result without substantial investment in higher end aftermarket stuff. It has highly impressed all aquaintances that have heard it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't think you can get a better sounding system for the $400.00 it takes to get the MusicGate package. Sure you can find or build a better sound system, but for that money? And installed clean? I think it's a tremendous value and sounds really good. I have no reason to seek upgrades whatsoever, and I'm no stranger to the audio world.

·
Registered
20 Posts
^
x4. No other factory system can beat this. My dads bose 5.1 in his caddy can't even beat my calli imho. Worth every penny.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts