Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just installed a new turbonetics Raptor blow off valve on my brother's Caliber srt-4. The company he bought it from sent very crude directions but i'm pretty sure we did it right. The valve is actuated by a conection to a T intersection of vaccuum lines just under and to the left of the intake. To free this spot up we were instructed to remove the 2 lines that connected to that port and pull them out of the solinoids that they were in. the only lines left on solinoids I believe are connected to the turbo and to the wga. the green and the black line in the same column. Also we plated off the spot where the stock valve was. I think that's it, I'm going from memory.

Anyway, the car is now consistantly switching into limp mode on throttle release after second gear under full power.The check engine light comes on but we don't get any diagnostic codes with the key turn thing. The dealership says that we need to take the bov off or the car won't work. I backed out the set screw on the bov and it seemed to help a little, did't kill it untill after 3rd gear. let me know what you think thanks!

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
how are you erasing the limp mode code?

how much boost are you gettin a full throttle?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
the thing about the dealer saying that the car wont work with that BOV is a bunch of :icon_bs:.
their are plenty of guys on here running aftermarket BOVs without a prob.
i think your vacuum line got to be wrong somewhere.
you shoudnt mess with the wastegate lines if your only changing the BOV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I got it working, we backed off the set screw on the bov until it stopped throwing the code. And to answer your squestion about clearing the code... We had been just waiting for the car to clear it itself until we got a a scan guage so we could clear it ourselves. its been a week long neusance. Not sure if this was the only way to fix this problem but it worked for this situation.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
thats cool good to here.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
did you get 2 springs with that kit?
if you did, change it to the weaker one. i used to have that same bov on my big turbo nsrt.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
make sure you tune with vacuum not boost.
make sure the bov dont squeak at idle. if it does just tighten with half turns.
pump the gas and listen for any squeaks after it blows off.
AND MAKE SURE ITS NOT TO TIGHT.
dont know how much you know, just throwing some info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts