Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone painted their calipers yet? If so, what type of paint is good? I have never done this on any other vehicle, but I want to on my Cali. Is this a bad idea?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Someone here on the BBs painted their brake calipers (don't remember who... too tired to search...).

·
Registered
128 Posts
I did it and you just have to go to Pepboys and buy the kit they have it gives you a spray cleaner,paint and brush.I suggest getting some small brushes as well to get in the tight spots.Not hard if you take the tire off but I was too lazy to do it and it took forever but I was happy with the results.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The name of the paint was Dupli-Color.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
bg77 said:
Has anyone painted their calipers yet? If so, what type of paint is good? I have never done this on any other vehicle, but I want to on my Cali. Is this a bad idea?
Nothgin wrong with painting the calipers. Just make sure to use high temp paint made for calipers. As JLM said, mosst parts stores sell "kits" for doing brake calipers.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I used the Duplicolor ceramic kit. as far as im concerned its the best kit made.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Did you take the wheels off when you did it? I was reading the application instructions and it sounds like you have a narrow window to actually get the paint on before it dries. Therefore, how can you get it on all 4 unless you have 4 jacks and take all the wheels off first?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I didn't take the wheels off and suggest getting some small brushes if you do this.hehe I did the front and back of the calbers and was able to just slide under the car to do the rear brake calibers.The front were another story as I just jacked up one side at a time and did the back of the calbers.Not the safest way to do the front calibers but I came out ok and the calibers look great.Just be ready for this to take a lot of time.LOL

·
Registered
644 Posts
i took off one wheel at a time, and in between sessions just sat the brush in some laquer (spelling?) thinner and cleaned the brush out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have painted my calipers bright red with high temp enamel paint.

and yes, I took the wheels off to do the job. I cant imagine trying to paint them up through the wheels, lol.

As I have calipers all round it looks very cool. and I think its worth doing. I also painted up the outer wheel hub as well taking care not to get any paint on the brake part of the discs.

ps.I will put up some photos later when I get a digi camera

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Looking at my calipers, they are already silver, so I won't touch them. Plus since I have the steel wheels, you can't see them very well anyways. lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Here is a pic of my front calber painted.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
my cousin has a lack nissan titan with 24" rims on which he painted the brake calipers bright red, it looks stunning. my car is exactly like his truck, black with chrome accents and rims... so in a week or 2 we'll be doing mine, i'll post some pics when it's done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts