Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of the sunden my damn brake pedal is squeaking when you apply the brakes. It only does it when the car is in gear, out of park.. I try putting lude on it but no dice. Has anyone else have this problem. Cant barely hear it only when the music is off.

Annoying as hell and pissing me off. Time to trade it in for a Charger :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Brake pedal squeaking ?

OH crap I didnt know this was the picture forum oops, sorry. Mods please move to "Problems"

Anyways find out it may be the brakes itself, i need someone outside to hear or to comfirm it...

·
Registered
50 Posts

hope you get it figured out. mine squeak first thing in the morning, then it goes away

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I had someone stand outside to see what was causing the squeaking, it turns out to be something around the rear right (passenger) brake. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to fix it, also for the recall as well.

Prob just need to be lude..

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts

Scjon03 said:
OH crap I didnt know this was the picture forum oops, sorry. Mods please move to "Problems"

Anyways find out it may be the brakes itself, i need someone outside to hear or to comfirm it...

Move Granted:
Sorry for the 5 day delay...:eek:

·
Registered
63 Posts

I haven't posted in a while, life's been hectic. It's good to be back. I love this forum. My caliber has about 11,000 miles on it. Brakes started squeaking a few thousand miles ago, I've been too busy to bring it in to be checked...it's due for an oil change, so that's when I'll have them look at them. The sound is literally a "squeak" whenever I depress the brake, such as at stoplights, stop signs, pulling in my drive to park. Sometimes I thought I heard some other rubbing sound coming from the brakes, very faint. Annoying, and I will keep the forum posted as to what the dealer says. Should be going in this week or early next.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yes I have the exact same thing, happens everytime I depress the brake. I had the dealer look at it and they told me it was fix. I wasnt still did it once in a while now. Since it is raining now/snowing whatever it stopped for now.

Keep me updated on your situation...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone Try this, Depressing brake...

Ok this is off of this post http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3254

I need to see if someone can try this for me...

With the windows up, radio off, when you are about to stop at a stop sign, red light, whatever. See if if hear a "squeak" sound when you depress the brake pedal...

I took my Caliber to the dealer, they looked at the car, told me it was fix, but no wasnt fix.

Took it to another dealer, they didnt do anything but tell me that this problem is normal for smaller cars with small drums. Ahhhh not with a car with only 5k miles on it and I never heard about anyone else having this problem.

They told me to get a Brake thing for the rear drums, shield of something like that, and it will stop the squeaking when you depress the brake pedal. Can be find at any auto store?

My friend told me it may be dirty and just needs to be clean... So I need to check that out...

Please let me know if you have this issue...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Re: Someone Try this, Depressing brake...

I read the other thread as well. Correct me it I'm wrong, but I gather the sound is coming from the brakes themselves, NOT the peddle as was previously posted.

If that's the case, you need to bed your brakes. Here's a link where you can get instructions how to do this. ALL cars should have this done as soon as possible. Please give it a try and let us know how you made out.

http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

Medic

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Re: Someone Try this, Depressing brake...

At first it sounded like it was coming from the peddle, and I wish it did, but yeah I know its coming from the brakes itself.

Also the sound is coming from the rear brakes, the drums..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts